Always buy the extended warrantee!!
By m0mzilla on
2005 Nissan Murano SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
I'm heartbroken at the collapse of this car after owning it for just over a year! I LOVED it, but out of the blue, with no warnings or dash lights, I'm told that my transmission has failed with only 68k miles on the car! The important info is: Nissan does not repair transmissions - they only replace them at a more than $5k cost! Also, no transmission shops can work on them so there are no options. I can't believe this car broke down so quickly and buyer beware - Nissan repairs are insanely expensive!! I wish someone had told me this. I would have bought the extended warrantee.
Favorite Features
Body style, comfort.
Suggested Improvements
Don't break down so quickly. Incredibly expensive to repair. Dealership repair is only option.
By montyvp
on 01/20/11 05:52 AM (PST)

I just took my 2005 NISSAN MURANO to the dealer because I had a lick between my engine and transmission and they told me that the training was gone Nissan just extended the warranty to 125K miles Last month and they put a brand new transmission, it was 100% covered by the warranty. You should go to the dealer and tell them to check it real good before your warranty expires.