2005 Nissan Murano Consumer Review: Almost perfect

2005 Nissan Murano - Consumer Review

SE 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 Automatic)

Almost perfect
By Gary Knowlton on

2005 Nissan Murano SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I don't drive my 2005 Nissan Murano much, so I am experiencing low gas milage. I have had this vehicle for almost a year and still only have 4,000 miles on it. It drives like a sports car, but gives me the utility of an SUV. I moved from a Honda Pilot to the Murano for the performance and handling. I like it a lot, and am waiting for a chance to take a long trip so I can see if the gas milage goes up. The Murano is also very quiet on the road, and a great touring vehicle. It sits just high enough to give the driver a good view of whats going on around you, but low enough to be very aerodynamic. I keep looking for things I would have done different, but they have done everything right.

I love the shift feature of the transmission in my SE. The CVT works well, but sometimes I like to shift, and it is helpfule in traffic.

I would like to have more horsepower, and the exhaust note of the 350Z. A more performance orented tire would be nice. I changed mine to Perrelli Scorpion Zero 255/60's for a more agressive look and to enhance the handling.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review