2005 Nissan Murano SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:
Great Fun and Goes through the Snow
By headmonk on 03/13/06 14:28 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV S AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I traded a Jeep Grand Cherokee for my Murano after a lot of research. I could not be happier. I live in serious snow country (300" a year) and put a lot of miles on my car in the summer. I blasted through 12" of snow on my way home. No problem. The car handles great and gets plenty of looks. Pickup in any situation is very good. Very comfortable and quiet riding. My wife thinks it looks like her old Gremlin. I wish I had bought the full feature version with all the fun stuff. This is a great car.

Murano
By murano on 03/10/06 08:20 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Love this vehicle. The dual transmission did fantastic in the Rocky Moutains...very little braking required. Fun, fun, fun. Lots of compliments on this vehicle. Only complaint is that the mirrors and wide windshield frame create blind spots....mirrors need to be lower to avoid huge void.

Great, But....
By PhotoPhritz on 03/05/06 07:52 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This vehicle is really different... in mostly wonderful ways... Great Drive. Comfortable Seats. Super room in backseat. Versatile. Sharp looking. Tracks (drives) well. Very little stress felt, even after a 5 hour drive. Not seeing tire wear (like previous reviews mentioned). Middle dashboard confusing, too many knobs & options. Terrible gas mileage.

There are those who travel on top!
By Cleopatra on 02/03/06 21:37 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I went from a over priced Lincoln Navigator, to this luxurious suv. The Murano has lots of horse power and a nice sleek interior and exterior design...What more can you ask for!

Overall impression
By Ange on 01/28/06 09:52 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Great vehicle. This thing accelerates like a sports car and has the firm and sure handling to match. This unit has the ability to go and stop fast, walk through deep snow sure footedly and to keep driving interesting and fun for many miles to come.The vehicle seems to be a unique cross between an SUV and a sports car. Nissan brings the best from each category to this platform with decent fuel mileage to boot.The dash is expansive and serves to hold a potentially large quantity of items, I believe that space could be more wisely allocated to the console area that seems too far down and forward to make easily accessible. This is a fine vehicle for a now emerging segment of cross-style SUVs.

Wonderful vehicle
By Murano on 01/27/06 15:53 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Car has been wonderful. Love the intelligent key system and smooth transmission. Gas mileage on regular gas has been very good.

Great vehicle!
By SMitten on 01/25/06 17:19 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The Murano has exceeded virtually every expectation I had, except one. The vehicle runs, handles, and performs like a dream. The only real complaint is that the MPG of 20 to 25 should read 20.8 at best. There are a few interior rattles that bother me but I am really picky so that should not dissuade the average car owner.

2005 Nissan Murano SL
By Lee Ballard on 01/23/06 17:09 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This auto is the most comfortable that I have owned in the last 10 years. It is fun to drive and is well thought out, functionally. It handles beautifully in all weather conditions (compact snow & ice are a dream).

Carmen's experience with NISSAN MURANO
By From Experince on 01/21/06 10:28 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV S AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I am an owner of a 2005 Nissan Murano.Since i have this SUV I can not imagine driving a diffrent car.It has everythig you ever expect from a great vehicle.My husband has a mercedes but I will never change my car with his.It handles really well in bad weather conditions and has a great power and a beautiful design.The only suggestion that I have to improve this vehicle is use more powerful head lights.Try it and you will belive it.

Great SUV, rear vision problem found
By Zack on 01/17/06 14:49 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Great SUV and good consumer report rating. Had a Pathfinder but this SUV has all I want at a much lower price. Good HP and fun to drive. Some people say the rear visibility is poor; I put those small mirrors (buy at auto stores) on the outside mirrors and if you take out the rear headrests you will see fine ( kids dont try this at home (<" )