2005 Nissan Murano SUV Consumer Reviews 8

2005 Nissan Murano SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:
Absolutely smooth driving
By BBB1 on 04/07/06 21:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I fell in love with the murano when I sure them being driven on the street. The murano has such a slick style to it. I love driving my car and just being in it. The interior is subtle and comfortable. My merlot nissan murano is just a gorgeous car. Also the murano is not a gas guzzler.

Best midsize SUV
By jj on 03/31/06 11:36 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Fun vehicle to drive and a real head turner. Average highway gas mileage is 25 to 26, town is 21. As usual with Nissan, pick it up in the showroom, return it in 36 months,....no repairs in between!!

05 Murano
By flash on 03/15/06 13:00 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Included all but navigation system.Excellent handling, roomy and very smooth riding even though SE model. Would advise CVT trans in any vehicle as it contributes to smoothness. Did change to 265/60/18 tires to improve from original. Critics complain of throttle response; I don't agree. Previously had supercharged V6 and am used to quick response. Do use premium as recommended. Handles well - was forced half off road at 75 with no handling problem. Would like to see higher highway mileage - best is 23mpg - 20 around town.

Great Car
By Steve Nesbitt on 03/14/06 18:34 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Purchased the 2005 Murano after driving a 2002 Tahoe for three years. Car performs great. Fun to drive, great power. Only one problem since purchase date...engine sensor...was repaired with no further problems. Gas mileage is close to 20 in town and 25 hwy. Service dept is great.

Great Fun and Goes through the Snow
By headmonk on 03/13/06 14:28 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV S AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I traded a Jeep Grand Cherokee for my Murano after a lot of research. I could not be happier. I live in serious snow country (300" a year) and put a lot of miles on my car in the summer. I blasted through 12" of snow on my way home. No problem. The car handles great and gets plenty of looks. Pickup in any situation is very good. Very comfortable and quiet riding. My wife thinks it looks like her old Gremlin. I wish I had bought the full feature version with all the fun stuff. This is a great car.

Murano
By murano on 03/10/06 08:20 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Love this vehicle. The dual transmission did fantastic in the Rocky Moutains...very little braking required. Fun, fun, fun. Lots of compliments on this vehicle. Only complaint is that the mirrors and wide windshield frame create blind spots....mirrors need to be lower to avoid huge void.

Great, But....
By PhotoPhritz on 03/05/06 07:52 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This vehicle is really different... in mostly wonderful ways... Great Drive. Comfortable Seats. Super room in backseat. Versatile. Sharp looking. Tracks (drives) well. Very little stress felt, even after a 5 hour drive. Not seeing tire wear (like previous reviews mentioned). Middle dashboard confusing, too many knobs & options. Terrible gas mileage.

There are those who travel on top!
By Cleopatra on 02/03/06 21:37 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I went from a over priced Lincoln Navigator, to this luxurious suv. The Murano has lots of horse power and a nice sleek interior and exterior design...What more can you ask for!

Overall impression
By Ange on 01/28/06 09:52 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Great vehicle. This thing accelerates like a sports car and has the firm and sure handling to match. This unit has the ability to go and stop fast, walk through deep snow sure footedly and to keep driving interesting and fun for many miles to come.The vehicle seems to be a unique cross between an SUV and a sports car. Nissan brings the best from each category to this platform with decent fuel mileage to boot.The dash is expansive and serves to hold a potentially large quantity of items, I believe that space could be more wisely allocated to the console area that seems too far down and forward to make easily accessible. This is a fine vehicle for a now emerging segment of cross-style SUVs.

Wonderful vehicle
By Murano on 01/27/06 15:53 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Car has been wonderful. Love the intelligent key system and smooth transmission. Gas mileage on regular gas has been very good.