Used 2005 Nissan Murano SUV Consumer Reviews - 278 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Murano SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

The surprise cute-ute
By Dan

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I started searching for a small SUV to replace my wife's old 03 Outback. I had narrowed my choices down between the rav4 & crv. After finding that the rav4 equipped the way we wanted wasn't a good deal, I was sure the crv would be the car. We happened to checkout the new rogue, but we weren't impressed with it. My wife however, liked the Murano. After realizing it was MUCH bigger than it looks, we took one for a spin, and liked the overall feel. We went to look at the crv, and did not like it, so we went back and got a murano. MPG is good IMO for a V6 SUV. We've had the car for over 2 weeks now, and consistently avg about 20-21 mpg with mostly "city" (stop lights) driving. Great car!

Fold flat seats from handle in rear. Comfy seats. Good but a bit dated nav/stereo system. Heated seats. reclining back seats.

As others have mentioned, CVT really needs some adjustments. It doesn't feel natural at all. Ride could be a lot smoother, you really do feel every crack in the road. Stop making ppl pay $180/yr for nav updates!

CVT
By Amanda

2005 Nissan Murano SUV S AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We bought this car brand new in 2005, I loved it. The drive was amazing and smooth, I just loved every feature of the car. We have had no issues with the car and it has been very well maintained. I took it in to have the brakes replaced, which didn't need to be done until 65,000 miles. After I picked up the car I noticed it was making this fluttering sound so I took it to the dealer and the dream car became a nightmare. They told me it had internal failure to the transmission and they recommend replacement. $4500.00!! There were metal shavings in my fluid and besides the noise I wouldn't have noticed because it still drove fine. Please be cautious with this tranny it is costly to replace!

The feel of the drive, the look of the overall vehicle. I loved the room inside. Also love the storage compartments!

Warranties that go beyond 60K especially when working with a CVT that hasn't yet broken into the market that well.

Good for what it is
By Nissan2

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I own a 2002 Altima with 143000 miles. I gave it to my wife to drive. She eagerly drove the car. Found this car on the used car lot. The SUV drives like a sports car but loves premium fuel to get the best performance. This SUV is very solid and quite. The CVT is very smooth and I love the way it accelerates. If you drive this car aggressively your mileage will suffer. I consistently get 21 to 24 MPG. I knew the mileage potential before I bought it. I wasn't sure if I would like the different styling of the dash but it perfect for placing my Garmin Nuvi760 on. I used the bean bag (friction) mount.

Keyless ignition is great. I do enjoy the 8-way adjustable seating and the leather interior. The short wheelbase allows you to make very tight turns. Many people have admired the SUV and commented on the quality of the ride. The black leather interior is the best color of the Murano choices.

The gauges and the yellow monochrome display are probably the two features I am not wild about. Being a used car it is still a very good vehicle.

Very Nice
By Enjoyable

2005 Nissan Murano SUV S AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought this car before I went off to college. I am 6'4 265 and play D-1 football. This car fit me and 3 D-1 players in the back seat with ease. Great head and leg room. You can tilt the backseats back to make it very roomy. Drove it to Miami and Notre Dame from NJ. Gas is hurting me. I drive super slow and get about 17/19. AWD with Automatic. Interior is great. All kinds of different compartments between the seats make it like a mini office desk. Plenty of room on the dash board which is rare. Room in the hatch for an extra person. Driver seat bolt broke one time and I got it repaired. Biggest knock is the gas for me. Such a smooth and pleasant ride. Best midsized SUV out there!

Interior lighting. Head and leg room.

MPG only 17 in the city.

A GREAT Car...stylish and FUN!
By Kat Kramer

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I had been in love with the Murano since it was first introduced, but was looking at the Lexus when I ran across this pre-owned one. It's my first Nissan (I've always had Hondas, Mazdas, & Toyotas), and I'm thoroughly impressed. With all the SUVs on the market, the Murano still stands out. My parents have the Lexus RX330, and the Murano actually is roomier. Even the back seats are comfortable for passengers, and Nissan included features I thought were frivolous and silly, like the "proximity key", that I've really come to rely on and love. Like buying an Apple computer...the company gave me more than I needed, and made the driving experience much more than I expected. I'm delighted.

The proximity key, that allows you to open the doors with a button without getting your key out, and even start the car. I LOVE the navigation system, and the BOSE stereo makes my 1-1/2 hour commute much more fun. VERY roomy. And the sunroof. And seatwarmers. And dual climate control. Bliss.

The only thing I could suggest would be to have a "closer" on the two vents in the middle of the dash. And a navigation system that could update itself through a satellite...I had to pay $180 for the upgraded DVDs, and it's still missing all of the toll roads in Austin. But those are minor.