2005 Nissan Murano SUV Consumer Reviews 6

2005 Nissan Murano SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:
Some Improvements needed
By chivazo on 09/26/06 15:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Nissan, Make a stick shift please. Metal shave trim got to go, scratch easily. Cup holders on the back should be place higher up. Miles per gallon 18 average which I think is way below the 22 mpg advertised. Dashboard electronic display it's not easy to see. Best value SUV for the money. I got mine for $26,500.

Best car yet
By Mr P on 09/25/06 12:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I've had my Murano for 18 months and about 25k miles. Absolutely no problems, its flawless! Before this I owned an Accura TL and was hesitant to make the change but I wanted AWD and the room of an SUV. This car is a pleasure to drive, easy to get in and out of and all the features one would want. The transmission is exceptionally smooth and the AWD is great in the snow and seamless when it kicks in. GREAT!!!

Great Long Distance Marketing Car
By Road Warrior 1958 on 09/17/06 12:15 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV S Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought new have 47,500 miles on it already. Only real complaint is the gas mileage in town is a mere 17 on the highway it gets 22 . Be aware though in the beginning the car gets only 18 miles overall untill the engine is broken in somwhere around 15,000 miles. The comfort and ride and handling are excellent for a suv and is almost car like. Will buy the upgraded version next time cause heated seats and the additional toys are fun. I have had no traction problems with the 2wd version and it is more economical on gas and maintance than AWD.

Bud's car
By Murano on 09/11/06 09:21 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Have never had a problem with this vehicle. Runs smooth and reliable.

My Murano
By cortnie on 08/30/06 17:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car is everything. its not to big and not to small. It's very fun to drive and very comfortable.

Don't believe the hype...
By 0_tolerance on 08/26/06 17:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Overall, the Murano has its good qualities, but has MORE bad qualities. The CVT transmission, is a plus. I have the SL model so I have a few bells and whistles which work. The AC knobs are kind of funky for the SL line. Nissan should do something with that, if they are competing with the Lexus RX models (I get a lot of looks, because they think it is a lex). Had a few recalls AND a few problems with warranty items (engine/sensor light went off 5 five times AND a faulty fuel part inside tank). Service department finally diagnosed and fixed the problem. Called NMAC, to complain. Gas, Gas, Gas... Maybe 13 or 14 in the city...suppose to be 20. Highway, rode to vegas. Average 22.

2005 Murano SL AWD
By jfg1022 on 08/20/06 21:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I previously leased 2 Ford Explorers and with the lease on my Explorer about to end I decided that I wanted to purchase something reliable and smaller than an Explorer since I live in NYC and have to find parking every night. The Murano is perfect because it's roomy inside (It actually has alot more passenger legroom in the backseat than the Explorer) but it's not an overgrown SUV. The Murano has a car like drive and it's easy to handle. I'm so glad I decided to purchase the Murano and it's definitely something that my family can grow into.

Great car.
By Lee on 08/12/06 15:16 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Love the car. It has been all I expected it to be. I like sitting very high and having the feeling of being in a large vehicle and getting the mpg of a smaller one. Fyi a previous reviewer, the rear seats do recline if you know how to pull a strap on the set bottom and push the back of the seat.

Best car I have owned
By alan on 08/01/06 17:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Owned a 3 year old Chevy Trailblazer plagued by poor quality and workmanship. We originally purchased a new Murano for my wife and liked it so much i traded my Trailblazer in for one 4 months after we purchased the first. In short the best car I have ever purchased. The Murano had more standard features and better performance than cars costing $15000 more. Never had a problem with either Murano, economical, good performance, handles great in the rough New England winter. I will buy another when we buy a new car.

happy, comfy, but tired of problems
By buckeye on 07/11/06 17:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

SUV rides well and handles well. Fun to drive. Cargo is adequate, but not as much as it looks. Problems with front seat (driver's). Seat motor broke within 1 month, replaced under warranty...since then seat trim keeps coming off, now back of seat panel is loose. Air bag sensor started flashing at 11,000 miles, had to wait three weeks for part to arrive. Also, fuel tank shield recall. Reliability and workmenship not as good as our Hondas and previous Maximas and Pathfinders.