Used 2005 Nissan Murano SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Murano - Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Murano SUV

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

Most Helpful|
Love it but now getting worried
By grvqn

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Now hitting my 6th year with 60K and here are my problems, my sun visor on the driver side is broken, CD player doesnít play CDís anymore, back windows donít roll up (when I donít really use them, but the time I do now I have a problem). My driver side door Iím now having problems of it locking and unlocking. Now I have to double check my door before walking awayÖ What else can go wrong.

Integrity Of 2005 Nissan Murano is JUNK!!!
By mj312

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought our 2005 Murano new July 2005 and have had nothing but problems. The drivers visor drop into your face, the driver’s seat is twisted when it goes up or down, the phone charger in the dash has been repaired 4 times to recall and still falls out of the dash, upholstery on the inside of the driver’s seat at the site of stitching split and has continued to tear and pull away from the fabric leaving a tear in my leather seat! The interior integrity of the vehicle is very BAD! We have replaced 2 alternators and two batteries between 11/2/2012 and 7/9/2013.

Favorite Features

The styling is great, that is what attracted us to the Nissan Murano and we still like the styling but we will not be buying another one!

Suggested Improvements

Repair the visor so it doesn't flop into the drivers face while driving, fix the problem with the front seat that causes the weld or what ever it is to break, upgrade cheap leather upholstery so it doesn't tear, and repair the plug in for the light/phone charger element so it stays in the dash, and the recall on the alternators should be revamped to have included all 2005 not just a select few. I have had to replace two of them. All these things are huge issues with hundreds of thousands of Nissan Murano owners! Not just a few!

Love My Murano!
By piper

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I owned an XTerra previously and traded it in due to fuel mileage. I love the reliability of Nissan and still wanted AWD for Colorado winters. The Murano was a perfect fit! Should have bought one in the first place! Rides amazing (like a luxury car) and so much room in the back seat for my teenage son! It's so quiet also. Very fun to drive. Gas mileage is great for an SUV! We are getting around 26-30 on the hwy compared to 17 in my XTerra! Love it!

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, gas mileage, room, AWD, dual climate, everything!

Suggested Improvements

None!

Love/Hate Relationship
By Skeptical in GA

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I loved the Murano when they came out and it was a clear choice when I downsized from my Chevy Tahoe. I wanted a smaller SUV but with a lot of interior space, especially in the back seat, and I loved the sporty style. I purchased an '05 the first week they came out. It rode very smooth and was quiet, had good pickup and much better gas mileage (21 mpg avg) compared to 14mpg in my Tahoe. Everything was great until this 4th year. My power seat has broken ($900), driver door lock is broken ($600), I need to replace my tires for the second time, and now my engine is making a knocking noise. I'm told it's probably the motor mounts (another $900). This car is getting expensive!

Favorite Features

Styling, comfort, size

Suggested Improvements

I don't like the design of the console. I'm disappointed with everything "breaking" at once. The car still looks good after 4 years but it draining my bank account. I've also had a shimmy in my steering around 60-65mph that has never been able to be corrected.

Pretty good little SUV for the $$$
By tychux

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought it right off the boat from Japan sight unseen. Since day 1-Oct. 2005, we've had little to complain about. Sure, the drivers sunshade is faulty, but an inconspicuous bungee cord fixes that safety issue. Rear brakes lasted 50,000, front brakes are still great at 74,000 miles! Front lower control arms and engine mounts have all been replaced under extended warranty. 2 new batteries and 2 new sets of tires in 6 years due to Arizona heat. I drive 65 miles/day min. through farmland and county roads at up to 75mph and have no degredation in ride. Engine and CVT still runs good and smooth. Xenon lights, Sirius and Nav all without issues also.

Favorite Features

Love the Sirius, backup camera, DVD and moonroof. Gotta love 500 miles per tank, yes 500-although in winter using no A/C.

Suggested Improvements

Just come clean NISSAN and replace the drivers side visors...you know their faulty.