2005 Nissan Murano - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:
Don't believe the hype...
By 0_tolerance on 08/26/06 17:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Murano SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Overall, the Murano has its good qualities, but has MORE bad qualities. The CVT transmission, is a plus. I have the SL model so I have a few bells and whistles which work. The AC knobs are kind of funky for the SL line. Nissan should do something with that, if they are competing with the Lexus RX models (I get a lot of looks, because they think it is a lex). Had a few recalls AND a few problems with warranty items (engine/sensor light went off 5 five times AND a faulty fuel part inside tank). Service department finally diagnosed and fixed the problem. Called NMAC, to complain. Gas, Gas, Gas... Maybe 13 or 14 in the city...suppose to be 20. Highway, rode to vegas. Average 22.

2005 Murano SL AWD
By jfg1022 on 08/20/06 21:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I previously leased 2 Ford Explorers and with the lease on my Explorer about to end I decided that I wanted to purchase something reliable and smaller than an Explorer since I live in NYC and have to find parking every night. The Murano is perfect because it's roomy inside (It actually has alot more passenger legroom in the backseat than the Explorer) but it's not an overgrown SUV. The Murano has a car like drive and it's easy to handle. I'm so glad I decided to purchase the Murano and it's definitely something that my family can grow into.

Great car.
By Lee on 08/12/06 15:16 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Murano SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Love the car. It has been all I expected it to be. I like sitting very high and having the feeling of being in a large vehicle and getting the mpg of a smaller one. Fyi a previous reviewer, the rear seats do recline if you know how to pull a strap on the set bottom and push the back of the seat.

Best car I have owned
By alan on 08/01/06 17:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Owned a 3 year old Chevy Trailblazer plagued by poor quality and workmanship. We originally purchased a new Murano for my wife and liked it so much i traded my Trailblazer in for one 4 months after we purchased the first. In short the best car I have ever purchased. The Murano had more standard features and better performance than cars costing $15000 more. Never had a problem with either Murano, economical, good performance, handles great in the rough New England winter. I will buy another when we buy a new car.

happy, comfy, but tired of problems
By buckeye on 07/11/06 17:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

SUV rides well and handles well. Fun to drive. Cargo is adequate, but not as much as it looks. Problems with front seat (driver's). Seat motor broke within 1 month, replaced under warranty...since then seat trim keeps coming off, now back of seat panel is loose. Air bag sensor started flashing at 11,000 miles, had to wait three weeks for part to arrive. Also, fuel tank shield recall. Reliability and workmenship not as good as our Hondas and previous Maximas and Pathfinders.

Great all around vehicle.
By Frank on 07/03/06 11:08 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Purhcased this car for my wife in Nov 2005 after I wrecked her PT Cruiser. She wanted it because of the look and the adjustble pedals, (she's 5 feet tall and has always had to sit very close to the steering wheel to reach the pedals). She fits great, now a safe distance from the air bag, and absolutely loves the car. It handles like a car, not a truck, gas mileage averages around 23 and will run fine on regular even though Nissan recommends 91 octane. I drive a Jeep Grand Cherokee, and try to drive the Nissan as often as I can, much more fun to drive, and more comfortable.

2005 Murano S with Touring Package
By JanMartin52 on 07/03/06 01:46 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Murano S AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We have been extremely happy thus far with our 2005 Murano S. We have had no problems mechanically or otherwise.

More filling, looks great.
By Rick L on 06/22/06 12:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Murano S AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Have owned other suv's but the murano has them beat. Really like the exterior and interior design. Handles great and rides well for an suv,although takes the bumps a little hard.Cvt takes some getting use to. Overall happy with car, but gas mileage is terrible,getting 13.3 mpg in city and 13.5 on highway. Car has only 3,500 miles,hopefully I will get a lot closer to listed mileage on sticker when broken in.

It's a great car!
By W. Schaefer on 06/21/06 16:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Murano SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We just got home from a 3200 mile vacation trip. 23.4 MPG average. Any comparable vehicle is $10,000 more and burns more fuel, usually premium gas. We use regular all the time. It's fun to drive, looks great, and I'm getting lots of favorable comments and questions.

Excellent
By Zina on 06/02/06 22:15 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car is as good as it looks. There is more space inside than you can imagine and is very comfortable. It gives you a sense of comfort when you drive. I love the navigation system. But make sure you don't get the black one because it gets dirty very quickly. Fuel consumption is very good. I have no complaints about the car. But the dealerships should have more options available. Some of the options, I truly did not need but had to get it because it came with the other options I needed. Enjoy your car and love it!!!