2005 Nissan Murano Consumer Reviews 5

2005 Nissan Murano - Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Murano S Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

View reviews for a specific Murano model:
Great Car
By MuranoGirl on 01/18/08 07:10 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My husband and I both love this car. Best purchase we've ever made. I highly recommend. Rides like a luxury car with the convenience of a SUV. Overall great car.

Best SUV ever owned for Value
By FredMurano on 01/13/08 07:00 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have owned Acura, Lexus, Ford, and Infiniti cars and SUVs for the last 15 years and the Murano SL AWD has been the best price value of all of them. The Ford Escape was pitiful in terms of comfort and performance. The Murano was at the other end of the scale -- best value, comfort, performance and value. I wish I had purchased instead of leased it because it is still in perfort condition after 3 years. Had two bumper replacements which were very affordable (only $600 each) compared to fixing other cars. Am considering buying this SUV again.

Nissan Murano
By Faye on 12/29/07 03:45 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The seats are very comfortable, We have the SL with key less entry which is great. Back Seats recline and there is a lot of leg room in the back. We have had several mechanical issues which never seem to be under warrenty. Really good pickup when starting

Great all around car
By FRANK on 12/20/07 10:52 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My wife wanted the car, I was not sure about the radical exterior styling at first. Now I love the car as much as she does. Great handling, very roomy, especially the rear seats. Just came back from a 1,200 round trip each way from New York to Iowa, very comfortable; were in the car for two days over 12 hours per day, no problems at all!

2005 Nissan Murano
By Lynn on 07/20/07 05:40 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Murano SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

At first, I loved my Murano. No problems for months and months. To date, the car has not "broken down", but the engine is starting to concern me with odd noises and hesitations upon acceleration. The dealer finds no technical problems, so I am left to worry and baby the car. Also, the fuel economy is embarassing. Chevy Tahoe beats my 18 mpg by 6-7mpg. It is much bigger and it is just fine on 87 octane, where the Murano prefers 93. Whatever happened to Japanese dominance in that dept?

Great at first, became a cash-hog
By Erik713 on 06/30/07 13:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I really enjoyed the amenities that I had never had in a car before. The stereo was awesome, seats were comfy and heated, adjustable everything. 2.5 years later routine maintenance is super-expensive and gas mileage is 19 with mostly highway driving. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE driving this car. It is still the most comfortable car I've owned. The styling is great, and the interior is sleek and modern. If it wasn't for the continuing extreme kicks in the wallet I'd run it into the ground!

Sudden loss of power = new cvt for me
By radkarendog on 04/12/07 17:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Have read the posts here and was told my sudden loss of power was the TPS. When it was being replace, tech noticed metal pieces in the tranny pan = new cvt. The failure code did not indicate a tranny problem but evidently there is one. The loss of power happened 4 times over the past 2 years, each time I took it directly to dealership and it would run fine. This time after the stalling I started it the next day to be greeted with a very ugly grinding sound. Turned it off and waited another day and it started fine, but lost ability to accelerate about 1/2 way to dealership. Engine light was not on for this episode, but has lit up with previous loss of power issues.

Looks can be deceiving
By CB1973 on 03/30/07 07:41 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Exterior looks are great, but the car feels cheap. Too much plastic inside, alignment issues (ALWAYS pulls in one direction, my 2002 accord drives better), seat seems to be loose, shift knob gets loose, poorly designed electronics system, monochrome screen for onboard display (kind of like an old DOS PC).

"Sport Utility?" w/o roof rack? Can't be
By MW on 03/07/07 12:19 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Totally love the car, but when I found out that Nissan will not sell or install the roof rack (side rails and cross bars) for Muranos that didn't come with one, I was disappointed because I ski and would like to put my Yakima ski carrier on top of the car. No Go!! So how can Nissan call it an SUV if you can't even use it as one?? I don't understand why Nissan didn't engineer for an after market roof rack...OEM or otherwise. If your car didn't come from the factory with a roof rack you are out of luck, because not even Yakima or Thule make an aftermarket rack system. The manufacturer leaves the consumer out in the cold. The rack is available, just for those already with one

Excellent
By butch hughes on 01/09/07 19:09 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano S Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car is the best all around car a person would want. Looks are superior and the engine has a lot of get up and go. Make sure you get the trailer hitch installed on it. It is dealer installed and cost is around $750 and takes about 8 hours for them to install it but well worth it. Also get the mud guards.