2005 Nissan Murano SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:
Nissan Murano FWD SE
By Doug on 02/10/05 04:58 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I've always liked the exterior styling of the Murano, with the two chromed tailpipes protruding from under the swept-up rear cabin area.(Impractical) black paint color makes it look even more "Darth Vader"-ish. Being a knowledgeable 'car nut', I was pleasantly surprised by the quick acceleration(0-6 in 8.0 sec) of the V6, given the 2-ton weight, but I think this is due to the ingenious CVT transmission(a modern version of the old Buick DynaFlow) which also helps maximize fuel economy(25mpg on the highway). The SE's suspension is a bit harsh, and there is some noticeable road noise intrusion into the cabin. Controls are well positioned and easily learned, and FINALLY---the perfect sunvisor.

Nissan's Murano Rocks!
By Judy Dalton on 02/09/05 22:22 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I can honestly say my Murano is the best vehicle I've ever owned/driven. For the first year or so that I had my Murano it was almost a daily event to have someone approach me and comment on the color (Sunlit Copper) and design. I even had a couple of folks follow me to get a better look! I opted for all the bells and whistles and haven't been disappointed. It starts on the first try and runs like a top. You won't reget buying one, I guarantee it!

I love this Beast.
By Kishhu on 02/07/05 12:04 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV S Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The S model comes with lot of standard features like v6 245 hp engine, 18 inch wheels and front and side airbags. I love this vehicle its so roomy inside and i picked this car after doing so much research cuz i am an tall guy whom needs lot of leg room and Murano has lot of room. Awesome rear seats which recline like a couch. Smooth drive and awesome exterior.

A Pleasant Surprise
By Manny on 01/31/05 13:29 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I recently purchased a Nissan Murano after doing an extensive search on mid- size SUVs. While looking, I hadn't even considered this vehicle as an option, but after sitting in it at an auto show, my curiosity was piqued. It has all the features I was looking for in an SUV (pick-up, size, speed, features), plus some added bonuses like lots of cargo space and tons of safety features. From reviews, it sounds like the reliability is good and the gas and emissions ratings (important in California) are pretty decent. I'ts got awesome pick-up and drives and handles like a car. I was interested in "pilot- ing" it until this came along. I was sold.

Murano - Fun Car to Drive
By Cookie on 01/29/05 08:53 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Enjoy vehicle - bought vehicle for new look and Nissan reliability. Have previously been a Toyota owner and fan. Variable transmission has not detracted from the vehicle- it has a fast passing speed. Love the new look - definitely not a box like most other suvs. Overall a very roomy, soid, fun car to drive. Have had to have the car serviced once - required reprogramming of software so transmission functioned properly. Other than that, no problems. Would like a better paint surface - tends to scratch very easily. Overall, very happy with vehicle.

Murano - Fun Car to Drive
By Cookie on 01/29/05 08:53 AM (PST)

great car
By bob r on 01/28/05 14:18 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought this fully loaded murano with nav. and back up camera. Both were purchased for the sole purpose of being another "toy" but turn out to be quite functional and fun. Excellent ride, not mushy but a little on the firm sporty side. Great handling, better than my 1997 pontiac GTP.Gas mileage around 21 mixed driving which is great because I have learned they get better after some break-in. Good all around performance. Great in snow with AWD model. Steering and braking are predictable with just the right feel. A little hard to judge distance in the front when parking, back up camera eliminates this problem in the rear. I like this car better than the rx330 or fx45 that I drove.

don't overlook Murano
By dadoftay on 01/27/05 20:55 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is a great crossover SUV. Ride is great, handling is more sporty than most others in class. Standard features list is impressive. Room inside will shock you. Lots of power on tap. CVT is nice but takes a little snap away from an otherwise strong drivetrain. Manuverability is excellent. Interior feels very rich and luxurious. Definitley look at this vehicle in your search.

What A Find
By Jim Smallman on 01/20/05 00:38 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I read the cons of the Nissan Murano and cannot beleive what they are saying about the lack of power. It ts more than sufficient.

Excellent truck
By Arlene on 01/20/05 00:13 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

When looking to purchase a vehicle, I looked at the Mercedes-Benz M-Class and the Lexus RX 330. I ended up with a 2005 Nissan Murano SL. As far as I am concerned it is a luxurious vehicle, fun, and very sharp looking. My husband owns a Mercedes and he loves driving my Murano. I think some vehicles are overrated because of their brand image, but I'm happy with my choice. The ride is great. It drives as smoothly as my husband's vehicle, if not smoother. I am one happy customer.