2005 Nissan Murano Consumer Reviews 26

2005 Nissan Murano - Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Murano S Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

View reviews for a specific Murano model:
Very fun to drive
By Chad on 02/15/05 21:51 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

What a great vehicle! It is extremely comfortable to drive with many customized adjustments to make the driving experience even better. The Bose sound system is top notch. There are so many features (for not a bad price) that I am still finding some of them. The CVT transmission takes some getting used to and can feel a little sluggish on cold mornings. Many auto touch features as well (headlights, cliamte, sunroof). Just a very fun vehicle to drive. Very solid construction, especially with the SE's sports suspension. Highly recommend it!

What Fun!
By Sima Z. on 02/12/05 21:06 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This was the most awsome birthday present ever. Every morning when I put the ket in the ignition its like my birthday all over again. I love driving and of all the cars I've ever driven this one has been the most fun. It handles beautifuly in any driving conditions and i feel like a superstar driving it because of its hot looks. Thanks Nissan!

04 murano
By murano on 02/12/05 13:15 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

the only thing my murano is lacking is a back up senor there are some blind spots .. the car is fun to drive and very roomy

2004 Murano and my wife
By L. Gary Shapiro on 02/12/05 09:26 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

heavy accelerator, mirror controls are a stretch, doors are very tinny, uses to much gas for a 6 cylinder, needs more space in the rear hatch area. console does not offer much space. Heavy thumping noise when the front window are open and you're driving above 35MPH. Suspension is to hard in the rear seated area

Smart Design
By Smart Design on 02/10/05 16:09 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Test drove tons of SUVs and nothing compares to the Murano. The outside looks compact, but the inside is so smartly configured, my 6'5", 300 lb husband has no problem getting comfortable! Manuevers better than my previous sedan, however it does lack the 'zip' my sedan had. But once you get going, power is not a problem. Interior is beautiful and the standard model includes some great features which makes the Murano a great value.

Nissan Murano FWD SE
By Doug on 02/10/05 04:58 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I've always liked the exterior styling of the Murano, with the two chromed tailpipes protruding from under the swept-up rear cabin area.(Impractical) black paint color makes it look even more "Darth Vader"-ish. Being a knowledgeable 'car nut', I was pleasantly surprised by the quick acceleration(0-6 in 8.0 sec) of the V6, given the 2-ton weight, but I think this is due to the ingenious CVT transmission(a modern version of the old Buick DynaFlow) which also helps maximize fuel economy(25mpg on the highway). The SE's suspension is a bit harsh, and there is some noticeable road noise intrusion into the cabin. Controls are well positioned and easily learned, and FINALLY---the perfect sunvisor.

Nissan's Murano Rocks!
By Judy Dalton on 02/09/05 22:22 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I can honestly say my Murano is the best vehicle I've ever owned/driven. For the first year or so that I had my Murano it was almost a daily event to have someone approach me and comment on the color (Sunlit Copper) and design. I even had a couple of folks follow me to get a better look! I opted for all the bells and whistles and haven't been disappointed. It starts on the first try and runs like a top. You won't reget buying one, I guarantee it!

I love this Beast.
By Kishhu on 02/07/05 12:04 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano S Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The S model comes with lot of standard features like v6 245 hp engine, 18 inch wheels and front and side airbags. I love this vehicle its so roomy inside and i picked this car after doing so much research cuz i am an tall guy whom needs lot of leg room and Murano has lot of room. Awesome rear seats which recline like a couch. Smooth drive and awesome exterior.

A Pleasant Surprise
By Manny on 01/31/05 13:29 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I recently purchased a Nissan Murano after doing an extensive search on mid- size SUVs. While looking, I hadn't even considered this vehicle as an option, but after sitting in it at an auto show, my curiosity was piqued. It has all the features I was looking for in an SUV (pick-up, size, speed, features), plus some added bonuses like lots of cargo space and tons of safety features. From reviews, it sounds like the reliability is good and the gas and emissions ratings (important in California) are pretty decent. I'ts got awesome pick-up and drives and handles like a car. I was interested in "pilot- ing" it until this came along. I was sold.

Murano - Fun Car to Drive
By Cookie on 01/29/05 08:53 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Enjoy vehicle - bought vehicle for new look and Nissan reliability. Have previously been a Toyota owner and fan. Variable transmission has not detracted from the vehicle- it has a fast passing speed. Love the new look - definitely not a box like most other suvs. Overall a very roomy, soid, fun car to drive. Have had to have the car serviced once - required reprogramming of software so transmission functioned properly. Other than that, no problems. Would like a better paint surface - tends to scratch very easily. Overall, very happy with vehicle.