2005 Nissan Murano S SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Murano SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:
Sporty Luxury
By Erik on 02/26/05 07:42 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car is pretty luxurious for not being a "luxury car." The 245hp is quite nice, especially compared to my last car -- a 150hp Honda. I never thought that an SUV could be fun to drive, but thanks to the power, it's sure fun to stomp on the accelerator! The CVT helps provide an amazingly smooth ride without lurching for gear changes. The exterior styling turns heads, and the HID lamps really light up the road ahead. The height of the cabin is perfect for an effortless entrance and egress, while the leather heated seats are soft to the touch, but firm in support. The interior is quite spacious and with real aluminum trim gives the feel of sporty luxury.

FUN!
By Karen on 02/24/05 22:24 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

After driving a minivan for 10 years, I was ready for something different and the Murano is it. It is truly fun to drive, very maneuverable, has quick acceleration, and did I say fun to drive? The Bose sound system is excellent and the sunroof is a pleasure. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for something besides the Lexus/Infiniti/Volvo pack of mid- size SUVs.

LUV MY MURANO
By VINNY W on 02/23/05 10:44 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Went from infiniti i35 to murano,i think it rides as nice if not better.cvt tranny is silky smooth & nissans 3.5 v6 is the best engine i've driven.baught it with tour pkg. That gives you about all you could need.heated seats are great for my bad back. Also auto clim control does all it should at the push of one button.it also has xm sat radio 130 choices all in cd quality.best of all this comes in a package that look like nothing else on the road!!!

my murano
By KEVIN on 02/22/05 12:55 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

at the timne i am writing this i have had my murano for 4 weeks ..i am extremely pleased with it the ride & handeling are fantastic the awd is great in the snow..i would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone

The Murano Adventure
By wstafco on 02/19/05 23:44 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The vehicle handles well and is very comfortable on long trips. I personally like the shape, which I thought was unique and interesting. It would have been nice if it had third row seating and rear ac & heating controls. Also, they should make satellite radio a standard option.

sporty suv for mom!
By AK on 02/19/05 20:59 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Incredible car, fun to drive, great handling, second row seat has generous leg room, large cargo area, leather is soft and supple - added wood trim kit - very rich and warm interior, center console has spots for cell phone, change & cup holders - all hide away nicely when not in use.

Classy Funmobile
By Diane K. Sutliff on 02/19/05 19:03 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Easy in, easy out, sitting higher than a car. Spacious interior, well designed. Seats lay down for extra space. Good for my work. Gas mileage;better than other SUV's. Handles like a dream..feel like I'm in a subway car with no shifting of gears. So smooth. Pickup? Not like some, but very adequate for my needs. Exterior; not rugged looking like some SUV's, but a little more of a 'ladies SUV. In 5 mo.,the only negative has been some poor reception on the radio. Perhaps need a new antenna. Husband has long legs; fits him perfect. Petals are retractable. I feel dressed up when driving it. I like that. I like the classy wheels. Good all around visibility;that's important. Try my funmobile...

the one thing nissan for got
By janie on 02/19/05 10:35 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

the big thing that i miss on my murano is a back up sensor i traded my jag for this car and it had a sensor after a while you just get use to having one and backing up at night it would sure help

Just bought
By Lou on 02/17/05 10:46 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV S AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Just bought my S type. Love the ride! Very comfortable suv. More interior room than my old Explorer. Don't know much about economy or reliability yet but expecting the best. Things I wish my S type had - fog lights, automatic headlights, and a 6 disc changer. Couldn't see paying $5,000 more for the other models that include these features.

A Great Ride
By Hondo on 02/16/05 12:18 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I traded my Mercedes ML320 (after a final $4000 repair bill) for something more dependable, and the Murano was my choice - and one I haven't regretted so far. The Mighty Mo has rapid accelleration, sports car handling, a decent AWD system, and good all-around gas mileage (I see 21 city/hwy), all wrapped in a dependable Japanese package. While the AWD system isn't as responsive as the system in the Mercedes, it has done a good job of getting me around in bad weather. All around, a great vehicle with a cavernous interior. Very pleased, and would buy another.