Used 2005 Nissan Murano Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Murano - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

My Little Gas Guzzler
By Vicki

2005 Nissan Murano S Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

As you can tell, I love the vehicle. The day after I purchased it, gas went up thirty cents a gallon and now even more after Hurricane Katrina. If my crystal ball had been out of the shop, I probably would have purchased a vehicle that gets more than the 15.4 mpg I am getting in the city.

I really enjoy being able to see ahead on the road when there are traffic jams.

Better gas mileage

We made right vehicle choice
By DaveM

2005 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Just purchased 05 Murano SL AWD after ext research/test drives, in Volvo/Lexus/Honda/Subaru 06 Tribeca. Vehicle so far beyond expectations after having for approx 2 weeks. Amenities SUPER, ride comfort exceeds others, handling supurb, no exterior noise, gas mileage avg 20.9, not had on trip yet to see mileage. For AWD SUV we're thrilled with mpg so far, will get better as engine loosens. HIGHLY suggest buying this SUV, if you have couple kids,think it over 1st, perfect for 2 people and family of 3-4 tops. Test drove the above 4 seperate times before our final decision. For the $$$ this SUV a HIDDEN TREASURE, we owned Honda/Toyota SUV's. Great product Nissan! Dave & Deb from NE Pa

Get SL Touring Pkg, gave us all we need, we added floor mats, splash guards, cargo protector,roof rail crossbars, sunroof deflector. You can't beat leather seats and they are headed. The package speaks for the features we like, has it all. Intelligent Key is ABSOLUTELY a MUST, you will love it.

we suggest a more fuel efficient engine. With gas prices rising today you could really sell this vehicle more if you could get more mpg out of it. We're suppose to be the most resourceful country in the world,then improve the gas engine in your vehicles, you'll sell millions more than anyone else.

Superb midsize SUV
By Jhatfie

2005 Nissan Murano S AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought our new Nissan Murano S AWD about 3 weeks ago. Came with the power seat package and few other extra's for $27k. We test drove several other SUV's including the Liberty, Durango, Tribeca, Explorer, 4 runner, etc and although the Murano offers no third row, it is very comfortable, easily outhandles all of the other SUV's by a wide margin, offer seamless and very strong acceleration with the superb CVT transmission and gets respectable mpg. Currently which over the first 1k miles is at 22mpg. Not bad for a 250hp SUV. Although this SUV is not made for off road activity, it's AWD is well suited for slick/wet roads. Best vehicle I have personally owned to date.

Strong acceleration, well thought out interior, good mpg for SUV, excellent handling and elegant exterior design.

None.

Great Car
By azmurano

2005 Nissan Murano S Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

When I decided I wanted to buy an SUV I was stuck beween the Pilot and Murano. I decided to buy the murano because of both the gas milage and the standard features. The murano has tons of standard features that most other SUV do not offer in their base model. Such as alloy wheels and the computer system, dual air, wrapped steering wheel and over sized 18" tires. I love the way it drives, I feel like I am back in my old Altima. Its a SUV with class! I feel like I am driving a very expensive vehicle not a base model Nissan. The CVT transmission drives great, just wish it gave a little more power!

Standard 18" alloy wheels and the smooth CVT transmission.

The roach looking mast attena needs to be internal.

sporty suv
By colette smith

2005 Nissan Murano SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

handles like a sports car especially around curves. gets great gas mileage for an suv

sporty design and an awesome interior. very comfortable ride.

there seems to be a slight blind spot