2005 Nissan Murano - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:
sporty suv for mom!
By AK on 02/19/05 20:59 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Incredible car, fun to drive, great handling, second row seat has generous leg room, large cargo area, leather is soft and supple - added wood trim kit - very rich and warm interior, center console has spots for cell phone, change & cup holders - all hide away nicely when not in use.

Classy Funmobile
By Diane K. Sutliff on 02/19/05 19:03 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Easy in, easy out, sitting higher than a car. Spacious interior, well designed. Seats lay down for extra space. Good for my work. Gas mileage;better than other SUV's. Handles like a dream..feel like I'm in a subway car with no shifting of gears. So smooth. Pickup? Not like some, but very adequate for my needs. Exterior; not rugged looking like some SUV's, but a little more of a 'ladies SUV. In 5 mo.,the only negative has been some poor reception on the radio. Perhaps need a new antenna. Husband has long legs; fits him perfect. Petals are retractable. I feel dressed up when driving it. I like that. I like the classy wheels. Good all around visibility;that's important. Try my funmobile...

the one thing nissan for got
By janie on 02/19/05 10:35 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

the big thing that i miss on my murano is a back up sensor i traded my jag for this car and it had a sensor after a while you just get use to having one and backing up at night it would sure help

Just bought
By Lou on 02/17/05 10:46 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano S AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Just bought my S type. Love the ride! Very comfortable suv. More interior room than my old Explorer. Don't know much about economy or reliability yet but expecting the best. Things I wish my S type had - fog lights, automatic headlights, and a 6 disc changer. Couldn't see paying $5,000 more for the other models that include these features.

A Great Ride
By Hondo on 02/16/05 12:18 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I traded my Mercedes ML320 (after a final $4000 repair bill) for something more dependable, and the Murano was my choice - and one I haven't regretted so far. The Mighty Mo has rapid accelleration, sports car handling, a decent AWD system, and good all-around gas mileage (I see 21 city/hwy), all wrapped in a dependable Japanese package. While the AWD system isn't as responsive as the system in the Mercedes, it has done a good job of getting me around in bad weather. All around, a great vehicle with a cavernous interior. Very pleased, and would buy another.

Very fun to drive
By Chad on 02/15/05 21:51 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

What a great vehicle! It is extremely comfortable to drive with many customized adjustments to make the driving experience even better. The Bose sound system is top notch. There are so many features (for not a bad price) that I am still finding some of them. The CVT transmission takes some getting used to and can feel a little sluggish on cold mornings. Many auto touch features as well (headlights, cliamte, sunroof). Just a very fun vehicle to drive. Very solid construction, especially with the SE's sports suspension. Highly recommend it!

What Fun!
By Sima Z. on 02/12/05 21:06 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This was the most awsome birthday present ever. Every morning when I put the ket in the ignition its like my birthday all over again. I love driving and of all the cars I've ever driven this one has been the most fun. It handles beautifuly in any driving conditions and i feel like a superstar driving it because of its hot looks. Thanks Nissan!

04 murano
By murano on 02/12/05 13:15 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

the only thing my murano is lacking is a back up senor there are some blind spots .. the car is fun to drive and very roomy

2004 Murano and my wife
By L. Gary Shapiro on 02/12/05 09:26 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

heavy accelerator, mirror controls are a stretch, doors are very tinny, uses to much gas for a 6 cylinder, needs more space in the rear hatch area. console does not offer much space. Heavy thumping noise when the front window are open and you're driving above 35MPH. Suspension is to hard in the rear seated area

Smart Design
By Smart Design on 02/10/05 16:09 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Test drove tons of SUVs and nothing compares to the Murano. The outside looks compact, but the inside is so smartly configured, my 6'5", 300 lb husband has no problem getting comfortable! Manuevers better than my previous sedan, however it does lack the 'zip' my sedan had. But once you get going, power is not a problem. Interior is beautiful and the standard model includes some great features which makes the Murano a great value.