Used 2005 Nissan Murano Consumer Reviews - 278 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Murano - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

this is the coolest vehicle ever
By wolfy

2005 Nissan Murano S Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Fuel economy for me with a fwd has been a consistet 22-23mpg. Not sure what others are saying about cvt sluggish in traffic, as when stomping on the gas you could get whiplash...awesome get up and go. ALso a very smooth ride with great handling ,not to mention a gorgeous vehicle. In my 25 years of driving and after 15,000 miles on my murano, this vehicle is an A ++ !

stylish, comf ride , awesome handling,great mpg

Just a couple minor details :Chrome inside could be a bit classier. Front cupholders need to hold 2 large drinks and center console should open from either side, rather than just from driver side.

I love my Murano
By Scott

2005 Nissan Murano SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have had my Murano just over a year now. I truly love this car. It is very comfortable inside and easy to drive. The CVT makes it drive like it is on Ski's. Everyone that rides in my car comments on how comfortable the seats are and how refined the interior is.

Convenient steering wheel audio controls. Large storage in the center console. Modern interior styling.

Would be nice to have this car available as a Hybrid getting 30+ mpg. I am currently getting 18.9-19.1 in the city and 25-26 on the highway. The integrated XM Radio is too expensive at $600.00 installed.

2005 Murano
By Richard Gerhard

2005 Nissan Murano SE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Fun to drive, mostly a well thought out vehicle. Would be nice to have auto driving lights and wipers that you can easily clean around. Love the remote entry, inteligent key feature. The CVT transmission is nice, seems to be plenty of power and very smooth. Being a truck / SUV guy, this is as close to a "car" as I want to get. Has been a good purchase.

Intelligent Key, AWD (I live in snow country), memory seat that automatically retracts to let you in and out, good sound system "Bose", heated seats, nice sporty ride.

auto daylite driving lites, wipers that lock up to clean windshields.

Love It!
By Linda

2005 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I just picked up my new 2005 Murano 3 days ago. After owning 2 Lexus RX 300's, I was hoping I wouldn't be disappointed. I had nothing to worry about! This one is a gem. Not only do I find the car pleasing to the eye, it has a luxurious feel inside and out. As compared to my Lexus, it has even more "toys" and so far I am getting slightly better gas mileage (19mpg...all city driving so far). I'd highly encourage anyone shopping for this size SUV to test drive a Murano. Fot the price, I don't think you can beat it.

Love the look, the dual climate controls, the adjustable brakes and accelerator and the adjustable back seats. In actuality, I love all of it and feel like hugging my Murano every time I drive it :-)

The only thing might be the gas mileage. It is pretty much as promised and better than my Lexus, but wish it could be even BETTER!

oh what a feeling...MURANO
By big buckeye nut

2005 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

One awesome crossover SUV...wanted a reliable crossover or SUV that is comfortable for a big person to drive...not only is it comfortable inside, but height lets you literally slide in and out of vehicle. Ride is very smooth, peppy engine...almost got a ticket the first day! Exterior design is very unique and attention grabbing...not like every other car in the parking lot! AWD SL w/ Touring pkg gives you everything you would want. Controls are easy to use and in good reach and location. Seats are very comfortable in front...ok in back. BOSE system is absolutely fantastic. Had it 10 days and just can't find anything not to like! Nissan quality!

Intellikey system, BOSE sound system, large tilt degree on steering column, height of vehicle and ease of exit/entrance, seat and brake pedal memory feature, pep and style!

improve city gas mileage. I'm avg 17 city/hwy which is below estimates!