2005 Nissan Murano SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:
2004 Nissan Murano
By R. Hays on 03/24/05 09:17 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The Murano handles like the old large body Audi's and has that same heavy, stuck to the ground feel when cornering. Compared to the Jeep Grand Cherokee, my last vehicle, this SUV has a roomier interior and seemingly wider interior. It outperforms the Jeep V8 with the 3.5L high performance engine and has more horsepower than my '94 Jeep with the V8. Much improved gas mileage of about 18 around town to 23 on the highway. Leather seats are some of the best I've seen in an SUV for comfort and the back seats tilt back, which is a nice feature. The Bose stereo with CD is impressivel with multiple speakers and subwoofer. The vehicle has great visibility with virtually no visible hood.

My Murrano
By Mya on 03/22/05 16:45 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My husband and I researched multiple different SUV's as well as test drove all competiters in the same size and price range as the Murrano. I as well as my husband felt as far as comfort, ease of handling, safety, price, and just overall options offerd on this model, as well as fuel economy non of the competiters could compare to the Murrano. I felt very safe in it during the winter driving, it was able to go places most others couldn't. I have to say I would diffenitly recomend this vechile to anyone and I would buy it again if I had to do it all over.

2005 Murano
By Keylee on 03/19/05 18:13 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I own the SL AWD and love the design inside and out.I chose the SL as opposed to the SE, because I like a softer ride more than the sportier feel. I have not been disappointed. It has a roomy, comfortable interior, along with a smooth & comfortable ride. The no-shift transmission is smooth but does take some getting used to. The CRV is fun to drive and handles great. So far I would highly recommend this vehicle, I'm very pleased with it. I did my homework on it before my purchase, and also a big part of my buying decision was the Nissan reputation. I would like to be asked to give my feedback 3-4 years down the line, than I can really give you my honest opinion.

Washington Murano
By Terry on 03/19/05 13:58 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased this vehicle a month before we moved out of state. The drive from San Diego to Vancouver, WA was very enjoyable. We live in a very rural area of WA and mostly drive along a winding river road. The Murano handles very well and I have never found a need for more power. It's a pleasure to drive. I've owned it now for nine months and still love it every time I get in the car to drive, which is always a minimum of 30 minutes each way. I love the mountain drives where you never feel the transmission shift. It's not sluggish at all to me. I love it!

Love My Murano
By Linda Campbell on 03/19/05 07:11 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Although my Murano is a 2004, there doesn't seem to be too many technical, mechanical or cosmetic changes between the 2004-2005. I have never been so excited and thrilled with a vehicle before. I love the style, comfort and beauty of this car, not to mention the sporty features of a SUV. It rides like a luxury car and performs like a skatt rocket truck. What more could a 62 yr old Florida grandmother ask for?

Two Thumbs Up
By DougIn FL on 03/19/05 02:37 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Press 'cons' include power-robbing CVT-- ---which is inconsistent with 0-60/8.0 sec, and 25mpg figures. The seamless CVT provides precise speed control. The SE is harsher riding than desirable---wish I had opted for the SL model, but an exceptionally satisfying driver's car. (My other vehicle is an '04 E500 Benz.)

A Unique Vehicl-Murano
By Brenda Williams on 03/18/05 23:22 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV S Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I don't understand the comment about the CVT being energy sapping but it is something to get used to. Now that I have-I love it. It also seems to help the fuel economy. This vehicle is very smooth, luxurious ( I have the Touring package with heated leather ) safe and reliable. It has proven great in the snow ( I have the AWD model ) This SL Model is great and feels like a car. I did try the SE model and that is more like a regular SUV a little prancv. Anyway-alove it and still get a lot of compliments since July ( 8 months ago ) I would buy another one.

Thinks it's a sports sedan
By Protonz on 03/18/05 21:11 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Excellent Crossover with plenty of sporty character and high-tech goodies. Since it's based on an Altima platform, handling and cornering is good, with very good steering feel. CVT is interesting, a nice combination with a sweet engine. The Murano is more upscale than its competitors, and more comfortable front and back. Comfortable seats with lots of room--I'm 6'7" tall and there is still plenty of room in back seat.

Great Styling
By Sit L Wong on 03/16/05 22:58 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Upsized from Maxima after 110K+ miles. Gave the Maxima to my son. Am a believer in Nissan's reliability & durability. I was wowed by the looks of this SUV. My Murano SE has firm, almost still sporty European ride. Love the interior roominess. Love the CVT - smooth acceleration without the shifting.

Xlent Styling and Comfort The Murano
By Bill Durrell on 03/16/05 14:23 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

When I decided to buy a new car,I told my wife I was going to buy a sedan this time.I have owned SUV's since they came out with them,we needed a larger car to haul the kids and the dog everywhere. So now the kids are gone and its her and I. We don't need a bigger car. WRONG she says to me,you still haul our stuff for work, buy an SUV. So I started looking at them. The Nissan Murano caught my eye, I test drove it and liked the way it rode,It has great pickup off the line it is a very stable vehicle,and very comfortable the drive,I would recomend it to everybody,Ithas classy styling of a car and the guts of an SUV.