Used 2005 Nissan Murano SE SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Murano - Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Murano SUV

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

Car totally died at 16000 miles
By NOnissan

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I leased this car brand new, at 16k it cost $1500+ to fix SLUDGE in the engine--warrantee did not cover. Then ALTERNATOR died, had to have the car towed TWICE, once i had to pay for a new battery because Nissan refused to look beyond a dead batter as cause for car dying on highway-- after SECOND tow, they replaced alternator which was covered by warantee. Battery, tows, were NOT covered. I will NEVER buy another Nissan!! Company has poor product, even worse customer service.

Not a long term car - too bad
By KLBliss

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Loved my Murano from day 1 but am learning the hard way it won't go long term without some heavy costs. Currently @53,000 miles. Driver's seat rail collapsed just after warranty expired. Nissan USA forced dealership to cover the repair without cost - it clearly wasn't normal wear & tear. Now electrical systems are acting up - even when not it in use the Bose 6 disc CD player shuffles discs when the ignition is turned off. Front windows roll down when the remote is used to unlock the car. Occasionally, a motor under the passenger seat triggers and whines when I turn the ignition off.

Favorite Features

The style, size and power. Mileage is okay but less than promised...even when driven optimally and well maintained. At $1.35/gal - who cares. At $4.00/gal - it makes a BIG difference!

Suggested Improvements

Plastic interiors scratch and mar easily especially the door panels.

Always buy the extended warrantee!!
By m0mzilla

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I'm heartbroken at the collapse of this car after owning it for just over a year! I LOVED it, but out of the blue, with no warnings or dash lights, I'm told that my transmission has failed with only 68k miles on the car! The important info is: Nissan does not repair transmissions - they only replace them at a more than $5k cost! Also, no transmission shops can work on them so there are no options. I can't believe this car broke down so quickly and buyer beware - Nissan repairs are insanely expensive!! I wish someone had told me this. I would have bought the extended warrantee.

Favorite Features

Body style, comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Don't break down so quickly. Incredibly expensive to repair. Dealership repair is only option.

My Murano
By cortnie

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car is everything. its not to big and not to small. It's very fun to drive and very comfortable.

Favorite Features

The whole car is my favorite. I love everything about this car.

Suggested Improvements

No improvements needed

Great car.
By Lee

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Love the car. It has been all I expected it to be. I like sitting very high and having the feeling of being in a large vehicle and getting the mpg of a smaller one. Fyi a previous reviewer, the rear seats do recline if you know how to pull a strap on the set bottom and push the back of the seat.

Favorite Features

cvt, adjustable head lights.

Suggested Improvements

12 inches more in the rear to improve the volume in the trunk area. It is needed if you have passengers. I don't believe it would hurt the styling.