2005 Nissan Murano SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:
Car totally died at 16000 miles
By NOnissan on 05/11/09 09:33 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I leased this car brand new, at 16k it cost $1500+ to fix SLUDGE in the engine--warrantee did not cover. Then ALTERNATOR died, had to have the car towed TWICE, once i had to pay for a new battery because Nissan refused to look beyond a dead batter as cause for car dying on highway-- after SECOND tow, they replaced alternator which was covered by warantee. Battery, tows, were NOT covered. I will NEVER buy another Nissan!! Company has poor product, even worse customer service.

Not a long term car - too bad
By KLBliss on 12/14/08 03:51 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Loved my Murano from day 1 but am learning the hard way it won't go long term without some heavy costs. Currently @53,000 miles. Driver's seat rail collapsed just after warranty expired. Nissan USA forced dealership to cover the repair without cost - it clearly wasn't normal wear & tear. Now electrical systems are acting up - even when not it in use the Bose 6 disc CD player shuffles discs when the ignition is turned off. Front windows roll down when the remote is used to unlock the car. Occasionally, a motor under the passenger seat triggers and whines when I turn the ignition off.

Always buy the extended warrantee!!
By m0mzilla on 07/24/08 12:42 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I'm heartbroken at the collapse of this car after owning it for just over a year! I LOVED it, but out of the blue, with no warnings or dash lights, I'm told that my transmission has failed with only 68k miles on the car! The important info is: Nissan does not repair transmissions - they only replace them at a more than $5k cost! Also, no transmission shops can work on them so there are no options. I can't believe this car broke down so quickly and buyer beware - Nissan repairs are insanely expensive!! I wish someone had told me this. I would have bought the extended warrantee.

My Murano
By cortnie on 08/30/06 17:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car is everything. its not to big and not to small. It's very fun to drive and very comfortable.

Great car.
By Lee on 08/12/06 15:16 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Love the car. It has been all I expected it to be. I like sitting very high and having the feeling of being in a large vehicle and getting the mpg of a smaller one. Fyi a previous reviewer, the rear seats do recline if you know how to pull a strap on the set bottom and push the back of the seat.

Best midsize SUV
By jj on 03/31/06 11:36 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Fun vehicle to drive and a real head turner. Average highway gas mileage is 25 to 26, town is 21. As usual with Nissan, pick it up in the showroom, return it in 36 months,....no repairs in between!!

05 Murano
By flash on 03/15/06 13:00 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Included all but navigation system.Excellent handling, roomy and very smooth riding even though SE model. Would advise CVT trans in any vehicle as it contributes to smoothness. Did change to 265/60/18 tires to improve from original. Critics complain of throttle response; I don't agree. Previously had supercharged V6 and am used to quick response. Do use premium as recommended. Handles well - was forced half off road at 75 with no handling problem. Would like to see higher highway mileage - best is 23mpg - 20 around town.

Murano
By murano on 03/10/06 08:20 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Love this vehicle. The dual transmission did fantastic in the Rocky Moutains...very little braking required. Fun, fun, fun. Lots of compliments on this vehicle. Only complaint is that the mirrors and wide windshield frame create blind spots....mirrors need to be lower to avoid huge void.

Wonderful vehicle
By Murano on 01/27/06 15:53 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Car has been wonderful. Love the intelligent key system and smooth transmission. Gas mileage on regular gas has been very good.

Nisson IS #1
By Linda Pardue on 12/27/05 19:44 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This vehicle is WONDERFUL. The new transmission with no shifting makes it "fly" down the road. I traded my Nisson Quest (which I loved dearly) for better fuel economy. The interrior is not much smaller. The drivers seat sits high giving you plenty of view to see a couple cars ahead of you.