Used 2005 Nissan Murano S SUV Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Murano SUV - Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Murano SUV

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

Not recomended
By Barren

2005 Nissan Murano SUV S Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Driver seat breaks. CD doesn't work. Replaced all shocks still making noise and I have to almost stop to go over a tinny bump.

This car is not worth the money.
By kdutcher05

2005 Nissan Murano SUV S Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have had this car for 6 years and would get rid of it today if I could afford to. I have had so many strange problems with this vehicle and have been shocked to go on line and see that thousands of people have had the exact same things go wrong and still Nissan wants to blame it on wear and tear! I am not a youngster and have owned many cars in my lifetime. This, by far, is the worst one of all. It has been the most expensive and most problematic vehicle I have had the bad luck to purchase. The worst part of it is that Nissan will not acknowledge these problems exist in ALL of the Muranos. It won't be immediately evident, give it a year or two and then it starts. Look at the real reviews!!

The one feature that still works on this car is the reclining back seat which is what really drew me to look at it in the first place. Now I just wish the driver seat was not broken. How did that happen? Well, ask the thousands of other people who have had the same expensive problem occur in the Murano!!!

Recall your vehicles and fix the problems you know are manufacturing problems!!! Stand up and acknowledge that Nissan now sells a lower quality vehicle than they did in the past. Buy a Toyota, they stand up and take responsibility for the problems they know their vehicles are having!!

Broken Driver's Seat
By Neveragain

2005 Nissan Murano SUV S Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Wow! I thought I had bought a fantastic, classy SUV. Always loved the styling. First Nissan. 6 months after I bought the vehicle the driver seat breaks a mount. The seat is flapping in the breeze. I join in a recall campaign with the NHSTA that closes without resolution because not enough people were killed or maimed. Nissan offers some assistance, but almost acts like we should expect failures like this as consumers. Last Nissan!

I LOVE MY MURANO!
By Joana

2005 Nissan Murano SUV S Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

As a previous Chevrolet Suburban owner (for about eleven years) this Nissan took me by surprise. I can't ride in smaller vehicles without feeling carsick and unsafe. When I started to think about down-sizing, I drove all sorts of styles and models. And I came across a Murano, drove it and loved it! But I wasn't sure I could drive a smaller vehicle ALL the time. I kept my sub. for a little longer, but kept looking at other vehicle, always going back to the Murano. Then I found one that had ALL of the options of an SL, but was an S. I traded in my sub. for it, had a panic attack 9 days later, and got over that about 3 days later. I made the right choice! I absolutely LOVE MY MURANO!!!

I love the way the seats feel and compare them to my suburban. It drives awesome, handles well, feels sporty, is smooth riding, looks classy, is stylish, has great sound and features. Plenty of cargo room for me (esp. after I was use to my sub.) I have had so many compliments on it. I'm sold on it!!

It would be awesome if it would get better gas mileage, it doesn't get what sticker says. Mine gets about 15 to 18 in town. I haven't had the chance for a road trip yet, but I will soon. I will wait for the gas mileage to improve on the newer models then I'll trade up.

Excellent
By butch hughes

2005 Nissan Murano SUV S Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car is the best all around car a person would want. Looks are superior and the engine has a lot of get up and go. Make sure you get the trailer hitch installed on it. It is dealer installed and cost is around $750 and takes about 8 hours for them to install it but well worth it. Also get the mud guards.

The ride is a little hard but you get use to it. The paint on the front end (hood} gets chipped very easily.