Used 2005 Nissan Murano SUV Consumer Reviews - 278 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Murano SUV - Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Murano SUV

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

Not recomended
By Barren

2005 Nissan Murano SUV S Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Driver seat breaks. CD doesn't work. Replaced all shocks still making noise and I have to almost stop to go over a tinny bump.

engine and transmission problems?
By dudej

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My 2005 SE AWD used oil. Fortunately my 2005 Murano was under warranty for the engine replacement ( using oil with no visible burn or leak) at 80,000 miles and for the transmission replacement at 128,000 miles. Engine mount replacements, driver seat motor, and CV joint! I bought the Silver warranty at the dealership and then extended it as long as I could (140,000). Thank God!

Worst Car Ever
By som2

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My car from the time of purchase has only been service by nissan dealership.
I have replaced everything from belts to last a motor. Now they are telling me that it's the catalytic converter. Nissan should be ashamed of themselves for passing this pretty body off as car.

Great SUV
By majr

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My father owns this car and he has spent less than a thousand repairing it when it comes to labor plus parts. That's because my father is a mechanic so he's smarter than the average driver. He knows he should do things like warm up the car everytime you expect to drive it and especially in the winter. He also knows that he should slow down when he sees a pothole so he goes over it slowly or avoids it completely so he doesn't damage his car. He also knows that he should be nice to the people that work at auto shops so that way he can get a discount on parts. The only reason not to get this car is if you prefer a car with more tech features and a car that doesn't consume a lot of gas.

I wouldn't let my enemies drive a Murano
By glastonbury

2005 Nissan Murano SUV SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I don't work for any competitor of Nissan. I did own a Infinity that was a great car. The Nissan Murano is the worst vehicle in terms of reliability I have owned ever (I have owned quite a few). Over 17k in repairs over 9 years (3 to 4 times what I would spend on either the infinity or Hondas I have owned - yes, I adjusted for inflation).

Do not buy a Murano or you will be very sorry.

None