2005 Nissan Murano - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:
This car is not worth the money.
By kdutcher05 on 03/20/12 21:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Murano S Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have had this car for 6 years and would get rid of it today if I could afford to. I have had so many strange problems with this vehicle and have been shocked to go on line and see that thousands of people have had the exact same things go wrong and still Nissan wants to blame it on wear and tear! I am not a youngster and have owned many cars in my lifetime. This, by far, is the worst one of all. It has been the most expensive and most problematic vehicle I have had the bad luck to purchase. The worst part of it is that Nissan will not acknowledge these problems exist in ALL of the Muranos. It won't be immediately evident, give it a year or two and then it starts. Look at the real reviews!!

Broken Driver's Seat
By Neveragain on 08/27/09 13:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Murano S Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Wow! I thought I had bought a fantastic, classy SUV. Always loved the styling. First Nissan. 6 months after I bought the vehicle the driver seat breaks a mount. The seat is flapping in the breeze. I join in a recall campaign with the NHSTA that closes without resolution because not enough people were killed or maimed. Nissan offers some assistance, but almost acts like we should expect failures like this as consumers. Last Nissan!

I LOVE MY MURANO!
By Joana on 07/23/08 13:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Murano S Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

As a previous Chevrolet Suburban owner (for about eleven years) this Nissan took me by surprise. I can't ride in smaller vehicles without feeling carsick and unsafe. When I started to think about down-sizing, I drove all sorts of styles and models. And I came across a Murano, drove it and loved it! But I wasn't sure I could drive a smaller vehicle ALL the time. I kept my sub. for a little longer, but kept looking at other vehicle, always going back to the Murano. Then I found one that had ALL of the options of an SL, but was an S. I traded in my sub. for it, had a panic attack 9 days later, and got over that about 3 days later. I made the right choice! I absolutely LOVE MY MURANO!!!

Excellent
By butch hughes on 01/09/07 19:09 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Murano S Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car is the best all around car a person would want. Looks are superior and the engine has a lot of get up and go. Make sure you get the trailer hitch installed on it. It is dealer installed and cost is around $750 and takes about 8 hours for them to install it but well worth it. Also get the mud guards.

Great Long Distance Marketing Car
By Road Warrior 1958 on 09/17/06 12:15 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Murano S Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought new have 47,500 miles on it already. Only real complaint is the gas mileage in town is a mere 17 on the highway it gets 22 . Be aware though in the beginning the car gets only 18 miles overall untill the engine is broken in somwhere around 15,000 miles. The comfort and ride and handling are excellent for a suv and is almost car like. Will buy the upgraded version next time cause heated seats and the additional toys are fun. I have had no traction problems with the 2wd version and it is more economical on gas and maintance than AWD.

My Non Bimmer
By TKWW on 10/26/05 17:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Murano S Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Great steering feel, transmission requires 200 miles befor it quiets down, tire noise also vanishes after 200 miles.

More murano
By JIM FAIRBANKS on 10/13/05 11:21 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Murano S Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have had all types of suv's from jeep wrangler to toyota seq. This is by far the best suv i have bought. In fact i bought two of them.

Murano SL
By George Balog on 10/03/05 17:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Murano S Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The car is very attractive in exterior appearance and the interior is roomy and also very attractive. I was suprised that it has a similar feel to a much more expensive vehicle with a feeling of superior performance and quality. I believe that the quality and styling for the price are the best on the market for any vehicle category.

this is the coolest vehicle ever
By wolfy on 09/21/05 15:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Murano S Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Fuel economy for me with a fwd has been a consistet 22-23mpg. Not sure what others are saying about cvt sluggish in traffic, as when stomping on the gas you could get whiplash...awesome get up and go. ALso a very smooth ride with great handling ,not to mention a gorgeous vehicle. In my 25 years of driving and after 15,000 miles on my murano, this vehicle is an A ++ !

My Little Gas Guzzler
By Vicki on 09/01/05 10:42 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Murano S Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

As you can tell, I love the vehicle. The day after I purchased it, gas went up thirty cents a gallon and now even more after Hurricane Katrina. If my crystal ball had been out of the shop, I probably would have purchased a vehicle that gets more than the 15.4 mpg I am getting in the city.