2004 Nissan Murano Consumer Review: The Perfect Compromise

2004 Nissan Murano - Consumer Review

SL 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 AWD CVT Automatic)

The Perfect Compromise
By SHINDIG on

2004 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car is the perfect compromise between sport and utility for a family. Great interior room and incredible looks and performance. Incredible ride. CVT is smooth and powerful - and I love the Ds gear for added power. Even during break-in, I can average 27 mpg on some highway trips. Have had none of the "infamous" rattle problems ... yet (fingers crossed). "Wind buffeting" problems have been fixed - no problems with sunroof or rear windows down at speeds over 45 mph. Got a great deal - invoice in Chicago. Contact me at shindig@lycos.com for more info. For the money and features, blows away the competition.

Favorite Features

GPS NAVIGATION. Voice guided and spot- on accurate with dead-reckoning abilities. I will NEVER buy another car without GPS ever again. Mapquest is dead to me, as far as I am concerned. And, of course, Ds mode. It's like transforming into another car.

Suggested Improvements

1) Offer alternatives to the Cheshire Cat front chrome grille. 2) Have doors lock automatically at speeds over 10 mph. 3) Use high quality materials (not hard plastics) for the whole car, not just high-contact areas. Otherwise, I am loving this car.