Still love this car...
By arobsd on
2004 Nissan Murano SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
I'm the original owner and mine has 109k mi on it. I'm sure the performance has dropped since I bought it but I can't tell. Still pushes me back in my seat when I want it to. Still purrs like a kitten with no major problems. I definitely not a OCD owner went it comes to maintenance. Change oil every 5-10k mi. It does burn oil to the tune of 1 qt. every 1500 mi which is probably due to a clogged intake manifold. I've always put in premium gas. Repairs incl. Alternator 95K, $700, Engine mount, 90k $400. Spark Plugs 100k $500, Repairs in the near future: Intake Manifold $900, Struts: $1000, Tie rods $400, Catalytic converter: $1000. Nothing pressing. Not bad for over 100k. Still looks cool too!
Favorite Features
Lots of room, plenty of power, corners fantastic for SUV (I have the SE version with stiffer suspension), Simple interior (I have the base version without leather. Cloth has held up very well), Drives well in all conditions, Sunlit copper paint still looks great (friends still comment how cool my car looks), CVT transmission is still incredibly smooth. Mechanically has been excellent.
Suggested Improvements
Though I have not had expensive maintenance experiences, other's have. This is not a cheap vehicle to have worked on. At least Nissan has increased the transmission warranty to 10yr/120k mi. Power steering is weak when at slow speeds. Front-end suspension is not as tight as it could be at this age but it's not bad. Oil issue is annoying though it doesn't seem to be hurting anything. Does have some wind noise but it doesn't bother me. Same with some rattles but nothing blaring. Not the smoothest ride but the SL is supposed to have softer suspension. Glad I got the SE.