2004 Nissan Murano Consumer Review: Should have a mechanic as an o

2004 Nissan Murano - Consumer Review

SL 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 CVT Automatic)

Should have a mechanic as an option
By celejao on

2004 Nissan Murano SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought my 2004 new. Have put on at least 3 to 4 brakes, and 3 sets of tires. Currently has 170,000 miles and is stuck at the dealership, was towed there. Right now needs motor mounts, catalylic convertor, front brakes, burns oil, a trans leak (so the dealer says, I do not have any leak spots on the ground), four tires, a belt: $6,000. in parts and labor! Really? I just replaced the CV joint on the drivers side. 350.00, an independent friend replaced it, probably double price at a service station. Nissan dealership is basically telling me to junk the car, so I will buy a new one. They tell me the engine may be bad, the transmission may need to be replaced. Dealership is scary.

Can fit a lot in the trunk area. Used to love the pick up it had. Comfortable. Liked highway driving. Bose is good.

Gas cap was stuck and I had to break it open. Nothing like being stuck at a gas pump, and unable to open the gas cover! Now does not lock, need a credit card to open it. CD changer does not work well in cold weather. Front visor either stays down or up, no in-between. Very difficult to make minor repairs. Took half a day to change out the back wiper. Take it to the dealer to replace, really? My front seat is getting loose. Read others have to have it fixed. Disappointed in Nissan. Too costly to maintain and costly repairs. I would not recommend buying a used Murano.