Great non-minivan, non-truck family car
By Silicon Valley owner on
2004 Nissan Murano SE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
I bought this car because I needed something that was roomy enough for a family of 4 but powerful enough to handle my mountain+freeway commute. I love it! Much sportier drive than an SUV or minivan. I like the CVT - very smooth. I get about 18-19 mpg on 87 octane gas and I'm a somewhat aggressive driver. I'm baffled by people who claim to own the vehicle but complain about the looks of it... so why did you buy it? Personally, I love the looks of it. I also like the fact that Nissan didn't try to cram in a 3rd row. The whole vehicle is much roomier as a result. Mine's fully loaded and even then, much less expensive than comparable Lexus, BMW, Volvo, or even VW.
Favorite Features
Big gas tank. Bose system sounds great. Plenty of acceleration. Nav system is a life saver. 60/40 folding rear seats are useful. Heated seats are nice (even in CA). Huge back seat has tons of legroom. Memory seats are so useful - I'm 5'4", husband is 6'1". Nice sunroof controls.
Suggested Improvements
Some annoying rattles inside. Hate the joystick design on the navigation system! Radio reception worse than average. Air vent brings in warm air due to poor location of the intake.