Don't buy a 2004 Murano
By ihatenissan on
2004 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
At 72,000 miles the transfer case cracked, a $4,100 repair. I agree with user nutmeg a vehicle this expensive should not have a $4,100 repair before $100,000 miles. Nissan customer service is terrible, very condescending and useless. I WILL NEVER BUY NISSAN AGAIN! This is the second lemon from Nissan I have purchased, I'm done. Nissan even issued a technical service bulletin regarding how to fix the transfer case and it is w/ 2005 specifications. They should have issued a recall. Nissan is in the business of selling cars but not building customer relationships. This will eventually catch up with them. Repeat customers are what keeps companies in business.
Suggested Improvements
Recall for the transfer case (already recalled alternator!)
By 6twentysix
on 04/19/12 23:41 PM (PDT)

Same exact issue, mine waited until 90K but it was extremely close to being over the warranty. 40,000 dollar cars are not toasters to be discarded after a fair amount of use. They should last. Also, Nissan should learn some damn manners, you're not doing US a favor, we are doing YOU a favor buying your cars. Domo Arigato Consumers. Learn about it.