Used 2004 Nissan Murano SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Murano - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

only nissans
By PEG

2004 Nissan Murano SUV SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Knowing Nissans the way I do I expected better. The drive was great in the beginning aside for the alternator issue which almost caused me to have a serious accident. I am continuing to be surprised by the amount of mechanical problems I'm encountering; I'm starting to think it may be a lemon with a little sugar on top. I've gotten many compliments and inquiries about handling and various other topics.

Favorite Features

The Bose sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Better interior material (seat covers), the current stains easily. Better sun visors. Larger sunroof.

Carol
By Carol Law

2004 Nissan Murano SUV SE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Easy and Fun to drive. Get alot of questions/comments from others wanting know, if it is as fun to drive as it looks. Like the futurist look. Like the exterior color (Pearl), interior color (Tan) and the way it still looks like new. Easily fits 4 large men. Comfortably seats 2 large/tall men/women in front and 3 average size adults in back. Back storage is large. Will hold several suitcases and all the shopping items you could purchase in a day, including groceries. Drives like a car. Interior performs like a much larger SUV. Would purchase another for sure!

Favorite Features

Moonroof, bose stereo, leather seats, color (glacier pearl), size, ease of drive, sitting higher than sedan w/o driving bulky SUV or wimpy van, built in cell phone holder, rear wiper, large cargo space, DVD is REALLLY nice when tranporting children/teens for long distances. Headphones- essential,etc

Suggested Improvements

Only improvement I could forsee would be better view for the driver out of sides-back.However, much easier to see out of than other car manufacturer's crossover of the same size.Especailly true of the more expensive models I drove before buying.Of course, everyone wants better gas mileage but is ok.

Nissan, never again
By nutmeg1416

2004 Nissan Murano SUV SE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I loved my Murano and had the ability to overlook a major headlight issue at 40,000 mi because of the drive and comfort. Now, at 85,000 mi I am facing AWD transfer case issues which are due to a control panel flaw. The transfer case is susceptible to cracking because of control panel. Nissan fixed the problem in 05 models and on, but will recognize that there is no issue with my car. I have been extremely disappointed with the way Nissan has treated me through this ordeal. Such an expensive car should NOT have $5000 in repairs before 100k miles, very disappointed in reliability.

Favorite Features

power drivers seat, comfort of seating, CVT

Suggested Improvements

customer service!

Great car with comfort & style
By Ray

2004 Nissan Murano SUV SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This has been 1 of the best vehicles I've owned over the past 20 yrs. Never had any major problems with it. Gas mileage is decent for the size (20 mpg) and I can fit 2 German Shepherds in the back without folding down the rear seats.

Suggested Improvements

More horsepower for a little more "fun to drive". I'd LOVE a hybrid version!

AWD w/nav bought Used
By darinr

2004 Nissan Murano SUV SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I just bought this used Murano w/nav for the wife and love it! For an '04 it was in great shape. The nav is pretty cool (wish it was voice activated). Put on chrome wheels for the wife and it looks much better with them. I have had decent luck with Nissan so I hope that continues. Looked at the RX330 but for the money this was the best deal.

Favorite Features

Recline rear seat, nav, turning radius, size of the car.

Suggested Improvements

MP3 input, increased mileage