2004 Nissan Murano - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:
Great vehicle!!
By Rowdy on 01/11/06 14:53 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Great vehicle! Bought the SUV primarily for wife to drive...but I think I need one too! Great looking, great performance, feels like I am driving a car in terms of acceleration and ride. Bought the car used after much reseach and got a good deal on this '04. Only 18,000 miles when purchased at dealer, and it looks (and smells new still. Nissan did a good job with this SUV.

My Murano is a Lemon
By muranoNO on 01/04/06 18:17 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Our 1 yr new Murano has broken down 4 times starting at 10K miles. The service engine light comes on & the car loses power while driving. We had the recall repaired on the car & still had more issues. Each time it stopped running our 1 yr old was in the car in a near accident situation. Our dealership was rude & unhelpful. The service dpt at Nissan said something different was wrong with it each time & ensure that it will never happen again. Not true, it's happened 4 times. Totally unacceptable! I fear for the safety of my family in this car. Up until this happened we loved the car. So disappointed. Now we have claims filed with Nissan & the state.

My Murano
By Astonbanker on 12/30/05 13:43 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Murano SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought my Murano in November 2004 and have loved everything about it ever since (except the mileage) I get about 17 to 18 mpg but for an SUV that is pretty good. I love the style, the ride and the looks it gets from others.

No Freezer On Wheels
By JAG on 12/15/05 16:55 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Murano SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

With so mant boxy SUVs around, I think the styling is a fresh change of pace. Why is Explorer the benchmark? Murano has the same cargo and passenger space, gets way better mileage (I Ave.20.5) better performance and costs 5Gs less. Wake up all you Ford Diehards

Best value for your$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
By marseilles on 12/14/05 01:11 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Murano SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Our murano with every extra included is the best ride for the buck. Great styling, handling and economical too. This is a long time keeper. My wife likes the adjustable pedals and personalized seat postions. I wish the back hatch was available with power opening. We would buy another.

Love it
By Rev. Bruce on 12/11/05 20:36 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is the most fun drive since my old Honda Prelude in '80. Quality of build is top notch, it does everything I ask even recreating the Cabot Trail Advertisement this year! Did fine off road on mountain trails, smooth ride, plenty of power. Center console is a bit awkward and the engineers should have included Mph/Kph conversion on the English/Metric Converter! Dont understand why no running lights on US models, just a cheap relay. Huge room in the back seat, enormous leg room in the front. This SUV is awesome, like driving a luxury car that goes like heck and pushes through snow like its nothing. Safe and steady and Fast, wish heated cloth seats were available. I'd buy it again.

Nissan Murano
By Armani on 12/05/05 12:43 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Murano SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Very good and comfortable crossover. Very good quality in finishes. Could improve in rear suspension.

rebirth of the AMC pacer
By scott johnson on 11/29/05 12:43 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Murano SE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

the rebirth of the AMC pacer,not sporty,not utility,a front wheel drive rear wheel assit pacer wagon,too heavy for the 3.5 engine, CVT not responsive, no nismo parts available, murano doesn't know if it's a sports car or utility vehicle, does not represent either one very well, would never reccommend this vehicle to anyone

Almost perfect
By Joseph Mearsheimer on 10/29/05 15:38 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Murano SE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Very enjoyable to drive.Plenty of room for driver and 3 passengers.Great pick up and handles very well above speed limit.

murano
By rothputin on 10/06/05 20:58 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Murano SE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Can't tell if its a car or an SUV. Its whatever you want it to be. Great zip and handling on the road, but you can still climb a curb if you have to.