2004 Nissan Murano - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:
Our Muranos
By CJ on 10/16/06 13:07 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Murano SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We both drive a Murano my wife and I and have good experience with this car. The recall we had was handled proffesional and adequate. driving is just a plessure and we like it a lot to go places. when you step on the gas you go and thats what we like on the interstate.

Murano
By Dave on 10/14/06 09:05 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Murano SE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Great technical handling ability and comfortable ride. Gas mileage average. Meets or exceeds expectations

Get in and GO...
By BANDIT SEVEN on 10/10/06 18:13 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Murano SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The Nissan Murrano is a unique vehicle. This vehicle not only stands out in a croud, but it's performance is truly unequalled. I have found that the CTV definantly makes the difference both in fuel economy and performance. In addition, I constantly have to check the speedometer. With no shifting "kicks" this vehicle will just get up and go, this is alot of weight to move, and it does it superbly. This is not a 300 or 350Z, but I tell you, once it is going it is gone.... The controls and instruments are set just right for the reach. I enjoy the steering wheel controls, they are awesome. I'm sure the designers will have a heck of a time trying to replace it with future models.

Great Vehicle
By MontanaMan on 10/09/06 18:04 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have been looking for a nicer SUV that can handle all of the weather variations that Montana has to offer. I found it in a used Murano and purchased it a few hours later. I know that there are alot of people that wish to get better gas mileage with this vehicle. Given the size, I think that it gets as good of mileage as one can expect. I have family members with a toureg and they only get 15mpg in town. I am averaging 19 mpg. Great ride, sound accel. and no lurching during shifting. It is not a vehicle that I would take baja'ing but it will take us to the ski mountains and almost anywhere else we need to go. In all it is everything that I could expect from an SUV but even more.

Nissan Murano is a "9.9"
By Don on 09/19/06 15:22 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Murano SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

In addition to being extremely functional, with the fold-down rear seats the Murano is an excellent cross between a much-fun-to-drive sedan and a handy cargo carrier. Very comfortable seating, which is important to me because my wife has severe scoliosis; when we look at a new car, the first thing she's interested in is the comfort level of the seats. If its not comfortable for her twisted back, forget it!!! We look elsewhere. BTW, she has a '92 Maxima which we got new from the same dealer and she loves it. I've found no faults in either car and will not-doubt buy another when the time comes. And, oh yeah, the service from our dealership is AAA.

Don't Judge a Book by its Cover
By JTB on 08/05/06 06:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Love to drive this SUV. Responsive and good looking however it has become the most unreliable vehicle that I have ever owned. Bearing froze on idler pully causing it to fail, fly apart and damange engine components. Then transfer case for 4WD failed. Two tows in two consecutive months all with 22,000 miles. Add to this the air duct design flaw of being too close to the engine therefore always blowing warm air through the vehicle even when outside temperatures are 70 degrees. Also, when car has more than two people in it the ride feels as if there are no shock absorbors. Even with these deficiencies, I have recommended the car to others.

Beautiful car ---key problems
By Kathleen on 08/01/06 16:53 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Murano SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I'm thrilled with my murano. Ride is smooth and it is easy to manuver. I get lots of compliments. Bought the car used and got a good deal. Back seat ride is bumpy. Only problem is the key. I have had to take it to the dealer 4 times to get the key reprogrammed. The car at times does not start, it will turn over and eventually start. Dealer states key is sensitive and should not be kept next to magnetic items (i.e. credit cards, etc).

Lacking Reliability-Quality?
By jbennetsen on 07/25/06 02:56 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The 2004 Maurano in my opinion is one of the best looking vehicles on the road today.It's a real kick to drive because of it's responsiveness. The issues that I have with this vehicle are from an overall engineering standpoint. They are... 1.Outside vented air is heated to 80 degrees because duct work was positioned too close to the engine. 2. When more than two adults are in the car, the suspension reacts as if there are no shock absorbers. With 24,000 mi., the idler pully shattered piercing the lower radiator hose. Next, the AWD transfer mechanisim failed breaking the housing and dumping all of its oil. The positive thing about the above two items is they were covered under warranty

My Murano
By Gary Piper on 07/24/06 16:32 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Murano SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I've never owned a car that I enjoyed more. I've had Lincolns and Mercury sedans for the prior 20+ years. This car met all of my expectations. And it's fun to drive a car that still gets people to look at it.

Nissan Murano
By lawrence on 07/24/06 11:59 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Murano SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased this vehicle to replace my wife's Jeep Cherokee. She loved the styling. Compared to the truck like handling characteristics of the Jeep, the Nissan Murano is very smooth, with plenty of power. It handles very well on the highway, even in a heavy cross wind. Thus far we've only needed routine maintenance. There was nothing that needed to be fixed by the dealer after delivery.