2004 Nissan Murano SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:
Murano Review
By browder on 11/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Murano SUV SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

So far, there have not been any problems and the unique styling has been interesting reactions. We find the Murano to be very fast for a suv-wagon type car. Don't reall y agree with Consumer report that the vehicle is being robbed of power. It has got to be one the most fun to drive vehicles around. Use of the 2nd gear for passing makes a very fast pass. Holds the road great. Stiff ride smooths at 60+ mph.

Best Kept Secret-Nissan Murano
By William-Maple Grv MN on 11/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Murano SUV SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I don't know where the "power sapping" is coming from because the SL 4WD steps out real nicely and gets outstanding MPG for an auto of that size. Nissan scored with this one and I don't think there will be a lot for re-sale down the road.

What a ride!
By estoyer on 11/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Murano SUV SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We looked for an SUV for about a month and this was the last one we looked at. My first thought was wow, looks like a pregnant space potato. My wife likes unique looking vehicles and once she drove it there was no turning back to the conventional looking SUVs. The 3.5L engine matched with the CVT is fantastic. The back seat is exceptionally large and the seating is very comfortable. The engines power and the CVT makes this one of the best rides we've had in the past seven years. Be sure to work out your best deal with about 4 Nissan Dealers. This vehicle is only 2 years on the market and there weren't any factory incentives at this time.

SLEEK SUV
By KKC on 11/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

EXCELLENT SUV GOOD FEATURE AND SMOOTH RIDE WITH GOOD MILEAGE

Not your standard SUV
By Trudyl on 11/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Murano SUV SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought a black SEL at the end of September. I was turning in a leased Jeep Larado and there is no comparison. I wanted another SUV, I like being highter than most cars and I didn't want a vehicle that looked like a station wagon. I had no need for a third row seat and enjoy the roomy interior of my Murano. I haven't notice any issues with the transmission and my son who lives to drive fast cars thought it handles very well. I wanted a navigation system and there wasn't a lot of choices in this price range.

flexible
By onarum on 11/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Murano SUV SE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Very flexible fun to drive, great handling, quiet. Not sure why editors think the ride is harsh. It's just tight, but not uncomfortable at all. Gas mileage on first tank hovering around 21mpg. Interior lighting is poorly designed; both dashlight britness too high and coutesy lights lack britness and footwell illumination.

Proud to Own A Nissan Murano
By seemeforts on 11/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Murano SUV SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I've really enjoyed the look, handling and ease of use with this vehicle. I enjoy everything from the rounded look of the car, to the smart styling inside. Everything is within easy reach for stereo use, to glove box. This is a very reliable mode of transportation, and I'm proud to be a Nissan owner again.

My Wife's car
By Steven E. Helsel on 11/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Murano SUV SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The Murano is really a sports car in disguise and is fun to drive and all the people that have never seen one up close will stop and ask about it and want to know all about it. The only thing that my wife has found wrong is that with all the bells and whistles is that there is no way to open the hatch from the driver's seat.

A 10!
By bebe20017 on 11/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Murano SUV SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My experience with the Murano has been of superior quality. It responds very well on the road, very stong engine,beautiful interiors, a very ultra modern design,top of the line accessories, includes a bose radio system! That is great. For the proce, nissan could have added a complimentary oil change and some other features, but overall, my rating is a 10!...murano is the car of my dreams.

Enjoying our 19th Datsun/Nissan
By pauluspetrus on 11/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Murano SUV SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The Murano is our 19th Nissan and is the best to date in the non-sports category (we thoroughly enjoyed our 280Z and 280ZX). Living in the North, we need a 4 season car and this is the best blend I've seen and the best value in it's class. I've read some slight negatives from some writers, but I personally vote the Murano "Two Thumbs Up."