2004 Nissan Murano - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:
A Very Satisfied Owner
By Robert Scholtens on 12/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This vehicle is the most comfortable and satisfying to drive of any of my recent cars, which included a 2002 BMW 330Ci, a 2002 Honda Odyssy and a 2000 Acura TL. Perhaps it suits me because although my bones are old I still enjoy a good drive.

Silver Slammer
By Movin' Along on 12/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Our first Nissan (silver/black leather) Looked at all other SUV and crossover vehicles, dollar for dollar the Murano can't be beat. If your looking for style(head turner), performance( quick and smooth), and quality(solid), this one is for you.

A Very Good Buy
By Joejoey on 12/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Murano SE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have had a great 2 weeks of owning this black Murano loaded with all the toys....had a 2003 Maxima, sold it to buy what I call the Maxima 4x4 great ride very quite, great performance,spend the extra for the SE...handles much better than the SL...do what I did test drive both then decide for yourself...I have owned 4 Nisans..all have been trouble free..

03Murano
By sub1 on 12/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

So far, so good, no problems but a manual transmission sure would be fun. A different slant on the SUV.

best in the market murano
By murano number1 on 12/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

the cleanes.coolest AWD out there.much better than a lexus rx330.

Eye Pleasing Murano
By FRID7 on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Murano SE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The Murano is a beautifully designed vehicle, inside and out. I get compliments on the design and color very often. After owning a Grand Cherokee with some disappointments, I am truly impressed with the Murano's handling, comfort and style. I'm very happy I purchased the SE model and am equally happy I didn't get suckered for the expensive options. I got a great crossover vehicle for a great value.

Murano counterpoint
By muranodriver on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Murano SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

First off, about the 'sluggish, power- sapping CVT'.It isn't.This SUV is very lively.Put your foot down and the RPMs go to peak power,and stay there as the CVT constantly adjusts ratio to maximize acceleration. Motor Trend says "The Murano consistently took 0-60 mph and 1/4 mi acceleration honors." Believe it. There is more road noise than I would like, but otherwise driving dynamics are great.Interior space is fantastic, materials are pleasant to look at and touch.The large dash expanse (a result of the windshield rake) screams 'mini-van!',but otherwise the cockpit is great.I have the base model, and it includes everything I want.

Love it so far
By austegard on 12/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Murano SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Just bought it, so the Reliability score is meaningless. It's fun to drive though, and doesn't feel like an SUV. The SE's 6 speed "manual" shift option gives you more control of performance in that you can use the shifter rather than the gas pedal to control the RPM. The gas mileage is great for an SUV, but the rated 20 city will be hard to achieve - with spirited driving you'll easily fall as low as 16-17.

Murano Review
By browder on 11/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

So far, there have not been any problems and the unique styling has been interesting reactions. We find the Murano to be very fast for a suv-wagon type car. Don't reall y agree with Consumer report that the vehicle is being robbed of power. It has got to be one the most fun to drive vehicles around. Use of the 2nd gear for passing makes a very fast pass. Holds the road great. Stiff ride smooths at 60+ mph.

Best Kept Secret-Nissan Murano
By William-Maple Grv MN on 11/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I don't know where the "power sapping" is coming from because the SL 4WD steps out real nicely and gets outstanding MPG for an auto of that size. Nissan scored with this one and I don't think there will be a lot for re-sale down the road.