Used 2004 Nissan Murano SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Murano SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

The Best
By sridhar

2004 Nissan Murano SUV SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This was my first vehicle, and the experience is far far above my expectations. the consumption is amazingly good for a SUV's in its class, 21/25 mpg city/highway. The smooth ride is so cool that you wont even notice the gear shift. The control on high speed is something one has to feel. Talking more about this vehicle is not possible at this moment due to the stipulated number of characters in this section. So, in short it THE BEST. Highly recomended.

The navigation is very easy to use and has real cool features.

Would be even better if the navigational features include the location of the nearest Nissan Dealers. And it would be good if the automatic door lock system be included in the vechicle, like the doors getting locked automatically when the vehicle start moving.

buy this car
By dolores clark-willis

2004 Nissan Murano SUV SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

In 2002,my husband and I were in California visiting my brother when he saw a commercial advertising the then- to-come Nissan Murano. It was at that point he became infatuated with the car and talked constantly about test driving it and owning it. Well, last year, we were in the market for a new vehicle and we went to the dealership to take a test drive. We were both very impressed with the vehicle, and a year later, we are still impressed. Next year, we hope to drive across country to Denver, Washington,DC, and California.

I enjoy the adjustable driver seat. My husband loves the handling and the design.

My only improvement suggestion is to somehow make the car more fuel- efficient.

Cool SUV
By Firpo59

2004 Nissan Murano SUV SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Milage has been at 18-19 in mainly city driving. Blast to drive - comfortable,fairly quiet, great handling. Nobody makes a better V-6 than Nissan. CVT trans has been great - do not really see a big detraction from performance because of it like some claim.

Like them all

24 hour review
By Dr Murano

2004 Nissan Murano SUV SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought the car 8/12/04 SL,Silver,AWD,Touring with NAV,leather,VDC,crossbars,etc. Navigation is fun. I like the fact you can adjust certain features of the electronics from the NAV. The car handles great. Still getting used to CVT (sound a little bit too louud).My friend has 03 Max SE - much quieter engine sound. I like the modern combo of aluminum and plastic (though for $33K+ I expected something more classier). BOSE sounds good, but the sound is strange (sounds as if I am in the empty room - too much echo -- though this is my 1st SUV, maybe that's how stereos sound in them. After delivery complaints: Left headlight shines lower, stearing wheel crooked

NAV, overall look (except for the small windows in the back creating a dead zone and curving the contours of the car up). FX has leveled rear windows creating a smooth downwoard flow of the body. Modern interior, smooth shiting from D to R and back (no sounds or jerking). Great car.

Lumbar support for driver's seat, more sensitive buttons for the , bigger sunroof, Tiptronic in SL model, NAV with voice control, a better placement of the power outlet, say inside the "ashtray" (I plug in a hands free speaker in there) with current setup it is PIA

Stange problem..
By Mexican

2004 Nissan Murano SUV SE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Since I'm driving the Muran, I feel it similar to my 3 series BMW, millage is poor about 16mpg. A few days ago the top of the rear door got lose, and none at the dealer has an answer why, they took pictures and sent them to the HQ, to see if it is covered by warranty. In this short period lots of noise is going on inside, which I never expected for such a nice design.

BOSE system, A/C

Dealer service, Millage, Inside finishing.

• SUV