2004 Nissan Murano SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:
MzMurano says....Mezmerizing to Drive
By MzMurano on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Murano SUV SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Choices: FWD or AWD, SE or SL, Color? Leather/Audio package? Sunroof? In the end, I got the base FWD SL in the glittery Pearl White with the wheels chromed for a little more pizazz. It is an awesome ride & handles nicely. The CVT transmission takes a little getting used to at a slower speed, but the "sport/second" feature makes up for any lagging at slower speeds. It is a head turner as well. Built on the Maxima platform with that award winning 3.5L V6 engine, with the chrome flash of the assertive front grill and door handles, plus my added chrome wheels, you might actually notice me driving around Orange County sometime.

Murano sets pace for all crossovers
By razmataz on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Murano SUV SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My 2003 Murano sets the pace for all crossovers to follow as far as style,roominess,power and smoothness.For all those who complain of the 'harshness' of the SE models'ride, I guess they have never ridden in a BMW before. The SE trim nets you a more agressive/sporty suspension. If you hate barracuda-stay out of the ocean!As far as the smooth as silk transmission-it not only does not sap the powerful engine but helps to turn in better performance times than all in its class and most in the next class above.Also it out brakes all in its class as well. Can you tell I love my Murano!

Comfort and Fun - Not the fastest
By PeteGus on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Murano SUV SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Wonderful design, good fuel economy. Lacks poewr on the low end but never loses it in the mountains even fully loaded and hauling! Head turning design, and was the 1st crossover to actually hit the market. If it had moew power, nothing else would touch it for the price.

try it you'll like it
By bobon2001 on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Murano SUV SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

unique.......fun to drive ..feels like car..really an entry Infinity..best quality interior Nissan has ever made......solid....

love it love itlove it!!!!!!
By canarsie on 12/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Murano SUV SE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Allways drove american cars (caddys- lincoln-pontiac )Never thought i would like to drive an suv type car. My wife loved ( as i did )the out side style.I test drovethe MURANO and fell in love wih this car. I am a big guy and fit with ease ,comfort, space exciting driveand pure comfort. I LOVE THIS AUTOMOBLE!!!!!BIG MIKE

Glad I got it!
By zlot on 12/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Murano SUV SE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

While I was at first a bit hesitant about getting a relatively high ended vehicle the Murano is everything I was looking for and more. I'm real pleased with the purchase. Dealerships may leave something to be desired, but the car is a go.

Murano Rocks!
By Antiquesfreaks on 12/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Murano SUV SE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Tight, solid vehicle. I bought the Sunlit Copper model and there isn't a day that goes by that someone doesn't stop me and ask what it is or compliment me on how it looks! I LOVE THIS SUV! Bose stereo is the icing on the cake! Rides like a dream and handles better than most cars I've had or driven, which are many. BMW X5 was my first choice, but for the money, I would buy a Murano any day!

Fun Vehicle!
By Mowdat on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Murano SUV SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Just had this vehicle 10 days, and I love it! Great looking, attracts looks everywhere. Contrary to what I have read, the CVT is awesome. Smooth, powerful. It amazes my friends. Had satellite radio installed, also awesome, works through the dash monitor. Gas mileage 22+ in mixed driving. Very quiet.

Love it
By gary Bell on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Murano SUV SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Drives like a european sedan, works like an SUV. Sexy styling in and out, Drives very smooth. I love the CVT and engine combination.

Hot Number
By Alicar on 12/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Murano SUV SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Great driving SUV. The transmission is awesome. I've added Stainless step bars to hide the exhaust better. Really helps the looks. Fuel economy is around 18. Best has been 22. Very roomy in the back seat and the recline feature makes it seem bigger. No problems through 4500 miles. Do have a noise in the front end. It pops when changing directions with the wheels slighlty turned (i.e. backing out of a parking spot). One major complaint is the headlight swith located on the turn signal. I've accidentally turned the lights off when signally to turn right. One click and they are out.