2004 Nissan Murano - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:
Nissan Murano
By Cookie 7 on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is a fun car to own and drive. Never had anything quite like it! Good power, nice interior, roomy for both front and rear occupants.

Murano sets pace for all crossovers
By razmataz on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Murano SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My 2003 Murano sets the pace for all crossovers to follow as far as style,roominess,power and smoothness.For all those who complain of the 'harshness' of the SE models'ride, I guess they have never ridden in a BMW before. The SE trim nets you a more agressive/sporty suspension. If you hate barracuda-stay out of the ocean!As far as the smooth as silk transmission-it not only does not sap the powerful engine but helps to turn in better performance times than all in its class and most in the next class above.Also it out brakes all in its class as well. Can you tell I love my Murano!

I Love it
By yihariha on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I test drove many SUV's and nothing compared to the Murano. I see that they rank down the 1 speed transmission. However, even though it takes some getting used to because your waiting for it to shift, it gets up and moves. Especially, on the freeway. I've owned many cars in my life, but never a car like this. I LOVE MY MURANO :)

Sports Car of SUV's
By SReed on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is a great suv and I really don't have anything bad to say about it. It's very sporty so it may not be for everyone, but its a heck of alot of fun to drive and its very roomy inside. Unlike what Edmunds says, the CVT transmission does not detract from any performance. I wonder if they really tested this model. I personally compared the performance to other Nissan cars with the 3.5 (Alitma & Maxima) and found that considering the weight difference it was about the same, but the CVT was alot smoother.

love it love itlove it!!!!!!
By canarsie on 12/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Murano SE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Allways drove american cars (caddys- lincoln-pontiac )Never thought i would like to drive an suv type car. My wife loved ( as i did )the out side style.I test drovethe MURANO and fell in love wih this car. I am a big guy and fit with ease ,comfort, space exciting driveand pure comfort. I LOVE THIS AUTOMOBLE!!!!!BIG MIKE

Glad I got it!
By zlot on 12/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Murano SE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

While I was at first a bit hesitant about getting a relatively high ended vehicle the Murano is everything I was looking for and more. I'm real pleased with the purchase. Dealerships may leave something to be desired, but the car is a go.

Murano Rocks!
By Antiquesfreaks on 12/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Murano SE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Tight, solid vehicle. I bought the Sunlit Copper model and there isn't a day that goes by that someone doesn't stop me and ask what it is or compliment me on how it looks! I LOVE THIS SUV! Bose stereo is the icing on the cake! Rides like a dream and handles better than most cars I've had or driven, which are many. BMW X5 was my first choice, but for the money, I would buy a Murano any day!

Fun Vehicle!
By Mowdat on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Murano SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Just had this vehicle 10 days, and I love it! Great looking, attracts looks everywhere. Contrary to what I have read, the CVT is awesome. Smooth, powerful. It amazes my friends. Had satellite radio installed, also awesome, works through the dash monitor. Gas mileage 22+ in mixed driving. Very quiet.

Love it
By gary Bell on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Drives like a european sedan, works like an SUV. Sexy styling in and out, Drives very smooth. I love the CVT and engine combination.

Hot Number
By Alicar on 12/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Great driving SUV. The transmission is awesome. I've added Stainless step bars to hide the exhaust better. Really helps the looks. Fuel economy is around 18. Best has been 22. Very roomy in the back seat and the recline feature makes it seem bigger. No problems through 4500 miles. Do have a noise in the front end. It pops when changing directions with the wheels slighlty turned (i.e. backing out of a parking spot). One major complaint is the headlight swith located on the turn signal. I've accidentally turned the lights off when signally to turn right. One click and they are out.