2004 Nissan Murano SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:
Still love this car...
By arobsd on 05/31/11 19:15 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Murano SUV SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I'm the original owner and mine has 109k mi on it. I'm sure the performance has dropped since I bought it but I can't tell. Still pushes me back in my seat when I want it to. Still purrs like a kitten with no major problems. I definitely not a OCD owner went it comes to maintenance. Change oil every 5-10k mi. It does burn oil to the tune of 1 qt. every 1500 mi which is probably due to a clogged intake manifold. I've always put in premium gas. Repairs incl. Alternator 95K, $700, Engine mount, 90k $400. Spark Plugs 100k $500, Repairs in the near future: Intake Manifold $900, Struts: $1000, Tie rods $400, Catalytic converter: $1000. Nothing pressing. Not bad for over 100k. Still looks cool too!

Great car, watch our for shortcomings
By Improver on 09/08/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Murano SUV SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

First thing I want to say is that this SUV handles better than a vehicle this large and high should. The interior space is good. This car is wider than most of the competition so that translates into passenger comfort. I am disappointed in the gas mileage department; in the city I am lucky to get over 14 mpg. On the highway I get about 19. The suspension is too stiff, a bad compromise between controlled ride and comfort. Good power. I loved the design of this car wind/road noise needs to improve, a softer suspension and the space between the front seats and console is a trap for dropped papers, coins and cell phones.

04 Murrano issues
By Mo2004 on 10/08/09 21:02 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Murano SUV SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have over 100,000 miles and really enjoyed driving the Murano until the little issues that have occurred over the time of driving. The alternator replaced (free do to recall). The driver side sun visor does not stay in place which a number of owners have wrote about. The cost to repair is about $350 for just the sun visor. The lock on the fuel tank stop functioning, the motor to adjust the seats on the driver side stop functioning. The front and right side motor mounts went bad ($1000 to repair). The motor mount issue is apparently with all Nissan vehicles. The vehicle is a great looking design, CVT engine is nice feel, and overall a good design.

Our Muranos
By CJ on 10/16/06 13:07 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Murano SUV SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We both drive a Murano my wife and I and have good experience with this car. The recall we had was handled proffesional and adequate. driving is just a plessure and we like it a lot to go places. when you step on the gas you go and thats what we like on the interstate.

Nissan Murano is a "9.9"
By Don on 09/19/06 15:22 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Murano SUV SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

In addition to being extremely functional, with the fold-down rear seats the Murano is an excellent cross between a much-fun-to-drive sedan and a handy cargo carrier. Very comfortable seating, which is important to me because my wife has severe scoliosis; when we look at a new car, the first thing she's interested in is the comfort level of the seats. If its not comfortable for her twisted back, forget it!!! We look elsewhere. BTW, she has a '92 Maxima which we got new from the same dealer and she loves it. I've found no faults in either car and will not-doubt buy another when the time comes. And, oh yeah, the service from our dealership is AAA.

Nissan Murano
By lawrence on 07/24/06 11:59 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Murano SUV SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased this vehicle to replace my wife's Jeep Cherokee. She loved the styling. Compared to the truck like handling characteristics of the Jeep, the Nissan Murano is very smooth, with plenty of power. It handles very well on the highway, even in a heavy cross wind. Thus far we've only needed routine maintenance. There was nothing that needed to be fixed by the dealer after delivery.

My Murano
By Simpson on 07/06/06 19:44 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Murano SUV SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I love it - drives smooth, legroom great, I will buy another this time with leather.

Best value for your$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
By marseilles on 12/14/05 01:11 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Murano SUV SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Our murano with every extra included is the best ride for the buck. Great styling, handling and economical too. This is a long time keeper. My wife likes the adjustable pedals and personalized seat postions. I wish the back hatch was available with power opening. We would buy another.

Love it
By Hirt on 04/19/05 14:48 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Murano SUV SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This was my first brand new car and I love it. Smooth, comfortable ride. Looks great, handles well, big and versatile enough to haul plenty of gear but luxurious enough to look great while doing it. I actually get 22 mpg by doing mostly highway driving, but accelerating slower than I used to - it's actually made me a better driver - the mpg declines sharply over 70 mph. This car has everything I was looking for. It handles like a nice car, rides high, smooth, comfortable interior, great extras. I can't say enough.

2004 nissan murano
By clem on 03/14/05 21:46 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Murano SUV SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Awesome vehicle. The handle is superb for an SUV. The Bose Stereo is more than adequate. The only problem I've noticed so far in the 5 months that I've owned the vehicle is a rattle every now and then when I hit bumps. I have not been able to pin point it nor has the rattle been consistent enough for me to take it to the dealership for repair. I haven't been on very long road trips as of yet, but it seems that it would be challenging to maintain a high degree of comfort on bumpy roads. Just my opinon.

1 2 3 4 5 next »