Will definitely buy another
By Jeff on
2003 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
This is the second Nissan I've owned. I bought it with 16k miles about four years ago, and it just turned over 92k. I drove it back and forth from NY to VA several times, and it was very comfortable and got decent mileage. No major problems whatsoever. I step on the gas and response is immediate. Great speed-to-speed acceleration, too. The interior could be better, but I'm 6'3" and feel very comfortable inside. I wish it had an auxiliary hookup for audio devices, and the CVT has kind of a dynaflow effect every now and then; a 5-speed automatic or 4-speed with O/D would be better suited for the car. Once I refinance the mortgage, I'm getting a fully loaded '09 Murano LE AWD.
Favorite Features
Great gas mileage for an SUV, vast interior space, great exterior styling, responsive engine, fantastic speed-to-speed acceleration, stereo speakers don't sound like factory speakers, rear seats fold down super-easy.
Suggested Improvements
All these things are changed in the '09, but the older models needed a sharper transmission, a more luxurious interior for a $35k+ car, an auxiliary input for mp3 players, XM/Sirius etc., more cupholders, and not to discontinue the sunlit copper color!