2003 Nissan Murano Consumer Review: Will definitely buy another

2003 Nissan Murano - Consumer Review

SL 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 AWD CVT Automatic)

Will definitely buy another
By Jeff on

2003 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is the second Nissan I've owned. I bought it with 16k miles about four years ago, and it just turned over 92k. I drove it back and forth from NY to VA several times, and it was very comfortable and got decent mileage. No major problems whatsoever. I step on the gas and response is immediate. Great speed-to-speed acceleration, too. The interior could be better, but I'm 6'3" and feel very comfortable inside. I wish it had an auxiliary hookup for audio devices, and the CVT has kind of a dynaflow effect every now and then; a 5-speed automatic or 4-speed with O/D would be better suited for the car. Once I refinance the mortgage, I'm getting a fully loaded '09 Murano LE AWD.

Great gas mileage for an SUV, vast interior space, great exterior styling, responsive engine, fantastic speed-to-speed acceleration, stereo speakers don't sound like factory speakers, rear seats fold down super-easy.

All these things are changed in the '09, but the older models needed a sharper transmission, a more luxurious interior for a $35k+ car, an auxiliary input for mp3 players, XM/Sirius etc., more cupholders, and not to discontinue the sunlit copper color!