CVT Transmission/Transfercase/Gaspump
By bgarcia78 on
2003 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
I have a 2003 Murano 140,000 miles I have replaced my transfer case three years ago called Nissan for help and got no where with them I had to pay out of pocket $3ooo. Two months after that I have to replace the catalitc converter another big job. Now a month ago I had to replace the gas pump again another big expensive job. But my real problem is my transmission the problem started last summer where after driving the car for about 20 to 30 min and then get into traffic the car starts to hesitate when pressing on the gas I took the car to the dealer w/ no help they told me I had to bring the car when it was happening and this problem doesn't happen all the time. So finally I take it aga
By muranowoe
on 11/10/13 09:06 AM (PST)

I have also had this problem in traffic. I pumped the gas pedal to the floor 3 or 4 times and suddenly the car lurched forward and started moving. When I could safely pull over, I turned off the engine. When I restarted and pressed the gas pedal, everything was normal. I go several months; everything is fine and then it happens again. Haven't taken to a dealer because there is nothing to indicate when it will happen and can't recreate for the mechanic? I've seen numerous complaints about this problem on various blogs. Someone tell me why a crash, fire or fatality has to occur before there's a recall on a VERY DANGEROUS issue with a vehicle? The manufacturer should take the responsibility & cost to make sure they are selling a SAFE vehicle.

By dewig
on 02/10/14 18:51 PM (PST)

Prevus posts, Try the intake manafold! my wife has a murano 2003 same problem

By muranoblues
on 02/25/14 15:07 PM (PST)

I am having the same problem. I am in transition-moved from the state I bought the car in and now all the way across the country. I did purchase an extended warranty. But now don't have the paper work, it is in storage until I find a home. Can I still take it to a dealer where I live??

By rebecca1111
on 04/01/14 09:30 AM (PDT)

I had the same problem about 2 weeks ago I got into a car accident because of this I was in stop and go traffic and I pressed my gas pedal and car would not move any were then finally car did a sudden sprint and hit the car infront of me I don't know how I would handle this situation should I call Nissan and report defected part? and what would Nissan do?