2003 Nissan Murano Consumer Review: Over Rated Murano

2003 Nissan Murano - Consumer Review

SE 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 CVT Automatic)

Over Rated Murano
By mikesmurano on

2003 Nissan Murano SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This will we the last Nissan product I ever buy. The Murano is the most over rated car I have ever owned. For the price I payed, I am disgusted with the quality of the car. I care for it well and it's still falling apart! I should have bought a Chevy Tahoe! 1. Failed CVT $6200. 2. Failed door solenoids $450. 3. Leakey sunroof. 4. Bose CD player failed. 5. Power seats have back lash in gear drive. 6. Cup holder arms broke with little pressure. 7. Failed CATYLITIC converter & O2 sensors $1050. 8. Valve cover PCV system clogged $450. 9. Oil leaks & coolant leaks. All of this and I change the oil every 3000 miles. I am a mechanical engineer and check every thing weekly.

Favorite Features

Good interior design & nice leather seats.

Suggested Improvements

Use higher quality materials and better engineer the car. The CVT stinks! It is prone to problems and is unrepairable.
By exahiyan
on 10/20/12 21:11 PM (PDT)

Bought our Murano new and now have 80k on it with virtually zero trouble with it mechanically. The flopping sun visor was fixed under warranty (at 50k) and the driver's door lock actuator is a bit cranky in hot weather but other than that, it's been a very good car for my wife and we'd buy another.