2003 Nissan Murano Consumer Review: CVT

2003 Nissan Murano - Consumer Review

SL 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 AWD CVT Automatic)

CVT
By Liz on

2003 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My husband and I purchased the '03 Murano with 80,000 miles on it. It was totally clean and very comfortable for my 6'5", 300 lb husband to sit in and to drive. Just 2 days after we purchased it, we realized why it had been traded in. The CVT was not engaging when in stop and go traffic in the heat. Thank goodness we had purchased the warrantee! We took the car to the local Nissan dealer, they tested it and said we needed a new transmission. So, for the $100 deductable, we were provided with a new transmission and a rental car while it was being installed. I am grateful to this web site. I had read the reviews and as soon as the car acted up, I knew what the problem was. Thanks!

I love the Bose sound system and the sun roof. I do like this car and am glad we bought it. This car is comfortable to take clients out in and can get me around safely in any conditions. Now we don't have to go out in my husband's truck on Sat. nights because he fits in this!

I am trusting that the new transmission will not have the same problems as the first one.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review