2003 Nissan Murano SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:
works for me
By 03 murano on 09/27/05 13:25 PM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Murano SUV SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

It's been a good car, I am not impressed with nissan as a company but I would recommend this vehicle.

Fabulous car, minor problems
By Guacster on 07/31/05 21:36 PM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Murano SUV SE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Drove for 2 years, have 45,000 miles. Still an excellent, luxury SUV. Very comfortable, excellent performance in snow. Gas mileage 19-20 mpg. Minor paint chips, recommend a clear bra. Unfortunately, when warranty expired, CD player quit working. "Custom" BOSE system will cost $400 to "re-build" since no "replacement" is available.

my new venture with used car.
By Louie Casparro on 06/25/05 17:56 PM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Murano SUV SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

great car. ive wanted one since it first came out. i have no problem with it except mabye not knowing exactly how to use some of the GPS and silly things like the windshield wipers and, for me, difficult light switch. but that isn't you its me. Actually the manual and some of the cars working items are not user friendly. Ive had Honda's all my life and they seem to be easier to comprehend and use. There are a lot of things on this car that yet, i'm not familiar with as of yet. Mabye it's my 72years or something but i have some and i say some difficulty with it as of yet. I've had it about a month so as i said it me...God Bless you and i wouldn't trade this one for two other cars.

Reliable SUV, most bang for the buck!
By thesugarrush on 06/02/05 11:31 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Murano SUV SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought the murano because it is on car frames instead of truck, has fulltime AWD with good gas milage and buttery smooth CVT transmission just like the one used in AUDI A4! Driving a roadster before, I am surprise that MURANO can match the vehicle dynamic of a my BMW Z3! Murano has been very reliable (for 2 yrs). Could not justify myself buying RX330 for $10K more. Nissan VQ engine has been proven reliable, do not hesitate. Murano is a vehicle for the most bang for your hard earn money!

Goodbye Murano
By MV on 05/15/05 00:58 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Murano SUV SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I absolutely loved the look and performance of this car. It did not get as good gas mileage as it was rated. Rated 20/24. I got 18/20 only occasionally 22. I need better mileage than that and just sold the Murano 2 weeks ago for a hybrid Toyota Prius. Back to the Nissan...the alternator went out last month but was replaced without incident under the warranty. I had the Cafe Latte interior and it was too light for me. I do a lot of paperwork in the drivers seat and got ink marks all over. The paint FALLS off of this car inside and out. It takes very little (bugs) to scratch especially on the bumper, connector between the hatch and back bumper, and the dash, steering wheel middle.

2003 Nissan Murano SL AWD
By David on 03/23/05 14:41 PM (PST)

2003 Nissan Murano SUV SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This has got to be the best car for performance, utility, exterior styling, interior styling, quality build, and just plain "you just want to drive the thing". I got it in 2003 and still think its the best midsize SUV on the market. All of my kids friends want to be seen in it. Yes, I love the car.

Love my Murano, BUT!!!
By Randy Selby on 03/03/05 21:44 PM (PST)

2003 Nissan Murano SUV SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I love my Nissan Murano but we have been having some reliability issues. The car was shooting out smoke when I started it. I took it into my stone age dealer, terrible service, and they said it had a sludge problem. Of course they said it was my fault even though I change my oil all the time. Anyways I went to another dealer and they were great, they covered everything. The reason I took it to them was because the car would start making a funny noise when I let my foot off the gas, it sounded like a lawnmower. They said the transmission was going out. Anyways I love everything else about the SUV.

Murano SUV as good as the glass
By Magalhaes on 02/19/05 18:53 PM (PST)

2003 Nissan Murano SUV SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Murano, the glass, is made in an small island off Venice. Unique, beautiful and high valued, it is a perfect name for Nissan''s classy urban SUV. After 2 years of owner ship, I have no complaints whatsoever. It put to good use the 3 letters: Sport - accelarates, handles an brakes like a sports car; Utility - plenty of room for an average family of 4; Vehicle - in the sense that it does not look like or handles like a truck. But its style is not for all: it does demand a higher degree of design appreciation than most folks have...

From Mercedes ML to Murano
By Cross Creek Dave on 02/04/05 22:29 PM (PST)

2003 Nissan Murano SUV SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I traded the ML in for the Murano. The Murano was as well equiped as the Mercedes. I traded the an ML 320 which I had wonderful service from, but the ride was rough. The Murano is very nice gives a better ride than the Mercedes, plus gives better gas mileage and has at least equal or better acceleration. This vehicle is stable in curves, smooth riding and gets plenty of attention. This is my first Nissan, but probably not the last.

Nothing Like It!
By BGM on 01/31/05 22:07 PM (PST)

2003 Nissan Murano SUV SE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

When we bought it, there was truly nothing like it on the market... CVT tranny, 18" wheels. It is a blast to drive and extremely practical. Drives and handles like a powerful sports sedan but sits you up higher and more comfortably more like a SUV or mini van. (But this for sure ain't no mini van...) We still get tons of compliments on it and it almost two years old. This is a real machine.