2003 Nissan Murano - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:
CVT
By ginac on 04/27/06 07:02 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Murano SE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The transmission went out on our murano at 100,000 miles. Just as the warranty was up. we had to pay $6,000 to replace it and Nissan would not help us in any way. What I am disgusted by is the nonsupport that we received from Nissan. I've written several letters only to be ignored or told to send my inquiries elsewhere. I will never! purchase another nissan and have already gotten several of our friends to back out of purchasing a nissan. Prior to this, the cat. convertor went out. Luckily this was still under warranty. Since then, we've had a bearing go out in a tire and one of the arms (shocks?) went out-total $1,000. this is an unreliable vehicle for obvious reasons.

Like it but not keeping it..
By Lucy on 04/25/06 13:03 PM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Murano SE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Since the day I drove off the dealer lot I have had a constant problem with the windows making a snapping-like sound regardless if the windows are up or down. I took it back in about a week after I leased it, told the service shop about the problem with the window noise and they said they didnt hear it. I mention this all the time I take it in for it's maintenance schedule and no one seems to be able to "duplicate" the noise. Other people have heard it when they ride with me but I'm sorry, the Nissan service shops are either avoiding the problem or are deaf. I expected this SUV to be somewhat quality-built, but with the window problem I'm not impressed with Nissan.

Excellent!! Would buy another.
By Jodestr on 04/20/06 09:21 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Murano SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I love this car. I have owned three SUVs and this car is the best. 2003 and still looks and runs great. I'm ready to buy a new one!

I love this car!
By tom bottom on 03/20/06 13:55 PM (PST)

2003 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Reliable, great in bad conditions, and just fun to drive. Bose system with controls on the wheel are a plus. Extra features...with rear folding seats activated from the back are a plus. Retracting rear seats are roomy even with a full cargo load.

Love my MO
By Gonzo on 01/27/06 00:47 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have owned the Murano since 2003 when I purchased it new with 35 miles on it. The car has been great. The CVT tranmission is smooth and fun to drive. I love the enterior features and displays. The 2006 is a huge thumbs up with improvements.

Best Of Best
By Dale on 01/24/06 16:46 PM (PST)

2003 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I've had 38 new vehicles in my 35 years of marriage. Had most SUV out there. After having my Murano 3 years now, which is a long time for me to have the same car, I'm going to buy another shortly...Ya I like it that much. With overall factors considered the Murano can't be beat, plan & sinple!!!

Murano a Great Car
By lcrnext on 01/15/06 20:04 PM (PST)

2003 Nissan Murano SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The Murano is a great car to drive. Not too big, not too small. Handles like a car, but has the comfort and space of an SUV. Love the fast acceleration and smooth handling. Interior features are good, too.

Great Vehicle!!
By Lesley Bowen on 12/18/05 15:13 PM (PST)

2003 Nissan Murano SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This has been a excellent vehicle, no problems at all, and we now have over 40K miles on it. May lease another one.

Almost Perfect
By BLC3 on 11/07/05 14:44 PM (PST)

2003 Nissan Murano SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

A wonderful, comfortable and practical SUV. With some glitches in the software that runs the transmission. Nissan designs and manufactures a strong product, but their software folks need help. And when problems emerge, the weakness of some of their dealership service folks emerge.

From Kia to Nissan
By Who Knew!! on 10/25/05 14:47 PM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased this car used from a lease return and I have had this car approx. 1 month and so far it is great. I love the ride and for an SUV the gas mileage is great. Although gas is a little expensive right now since i must purchase premium $2.67/gallon i get great milage. I use it for commuting and I get about 390 miles/full tank and before the gas light comes on if I wait for the light i get about 415. So far so good and I will get back to you in about 6months to update. This is a great car and fun to drive.