2003 Nissan Murano - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:
As much Fun as the Porsche Cayene
By dinidenman on 08/21/06 11:08 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I love my car, I was looking at the Porsche cayene and then spotted the Murano, I love the style and the interior also it is pretty darned responsive. I bought the Murano and have not been disappointed! Not to mention it was about half the price of the Porsche!

Murano - outstanding
By Barb on 08/13/06 06:57 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Murano SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Purchased in 2004 and have never regretted the purchase. Best automobile I think I have ever owned.

Murano Rocks!
By Judy Dalton on 08/10/06 13:47 PM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Without a doubt, the best car I've ever owned! Stylish looks, comfortable interior, killer Bose sound, sharp handling, rock solid construction and responsive pickup are a few of the many features I enjoy. I'm not sure what all the fuss is about the CVT as I've noticed no lack of power at any time, but then I'm not a speed demon. The ride in the back is roomy and comfortable and I get tons of compliments wherever I go. Closely styled like the Lexus RX 350 but a lot less $$.

3 years later....
By Sherryll on 08/07/06 12:05 PM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

So now that the 2003 models have some serious mileage on them, I am curious how many of them had transmission issues... At 68,000 we had to replace ours and 30,000 miles later, the transfer case had to be replaced. Got past the minor annoyances (poorly placed rear cup holders, buttons on rear view mirror should be lit) early on but the transmission issue is a problem.

Nissan hits the nail on the head
By dennis on 08/01/06 13:25 PM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Murano SE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My Murano rides like a sports car and gets 19-20 mpg. Besides gawking drivers when I first bought it, now fellow Murano drivers give a heads up signal. Former Infinity and future Infinity owner-but love this car!

Still happy after 3.5 years/80K!!
By Tommyguy on 07/24/06 18:38 PM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Murano SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is absolutely the best car I have ever owned. Even after 3.5 years and 80,000 miles, I would buy this car again! Love the transmission and POWER! Way roomier than people think and drives like a dream. Had only one problem (alternator) but it was 100% covered by recall. I bought this car for the styling and the drive. The only bad thing is that you cannot replace the factory radio with a custom stereo. However, I worked around this by loosing the tray beneath the middle of the console and adding a custom stereo with subwoofer and top of the line speakers. It can be done!

A copper-colored work of art
By David Acton on 07/24/06 14:54 PM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Murano SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

It has been an absolute pleasure driving my Nissan Murano for the past 3+ years. From the outside, it looks great and I never tire of admiring it as I cross a parking lot to get in. From the driver's seat, the inside looks great, too, but more importantly is very comfortable in all respects. The dash is well laid out and easy to read, day or night. Lots of storage compartments, in all sizes. And when I turn the key and drive, the best part of owning a Murano occurs. It is fun to drive. Handles well, both in accelerating and stopping. Runs very quietly and drives a straight line effortlessly. I enjoy every minute. Only routine service needed in 3+ years. Best car I've ever owned.

Love It!!
By roni on 07/12/06 05:48 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I had my eye on the Murano for some time. I read numerous reviews and overall thought it to be a good value. I had to go a couple years older becuase Nissan tends to hold their value and an '03 worked best for my price range. Any car I have ever purchased in teh past, I had a twinge of "buyer's remorse" - not this time. I have to say I am very pleased with this vehicle.

I Love My Murano
By Ann Wilson on 06/27/06 15:50 PM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Murano SE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My car is wonderful. I would buy another if I was ready to trade. The only problem is the blind spot on both sides of the back.

beautiful gas guzzler
By Jonn B. on 06/20/06 09:33 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Murano SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have owned the Murano for 8 months and have discovered a few key things. As related to its size, this car does not get any where near the gas mileage it should. It does however pack a good bit of power. The ride is smooth but the driver seat has poor lumbar support and gives me back pain if driving an extended amount of time. The auto. handles very well and has room to store more than it appears. Still, with the price of gas I would recomend that Nissan rethink the fuel efficiency of their engines. You would think it would be possible to get performance and fuel economy wrapped up in one attractive package.