Used 2003 Nissan Murano SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Nissan Murano SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

Week 1- I still like it
By pk

2003 Nissan Murano SUV SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Likes: styling-it's been a head- turner; I don't get fatigued driving long distances; initial quality has been near-perfect;front cup-holder is an accident-waiting-to-happen; gas mileage could be better (17-22 initally-I'm hoping it will improve); rear visibility is so limited, I'm having a back-up warning system installed;passenger room is ample; cargo capacity is adequate (barely); power-wise, it's not an FX35, but it's got plenty of off-the-line zip and passing power. Overall, I am more than pleased.

Styling, performance, comfort, maneuverability

better gas mileage; better-designed front cup holder; better rear- visibility (or a standard back-up warning system)

the best vehicle around
By huonglinh

2003 Nissan Murano SUV SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I just brought my murano in May of 2003. I love it!!! Everything about the Murano is awesome. If you are thinking about buying a vehicle and you can afford the Murano, don't hesitate. You will love it as much as I do and everyone else who has the Murano.

The Bose stereo system, the adjustable headlights, the adjustable pedle, the roomy interior and exterior design

Can't think of any

I love it
By FredNation

2003 Nissan Murano SUV SE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I read all the reviews here before I bought it. A great resource. I truly love the Murano. It is fun to drive. I love the style, I get more compliments and head turning as I go by. It handles great, could be a bit smoother but this is the SE and it still is a SUV. Great power and for the money I can't think of a better vehicle. It looks and feels like a luxury SUV for $5-$10K less than the usual suspects. Curious? I paid invoice and got them to waive the marketing adjustment. Sales Rep sold one the week before to a couple who "had done their homework" for $2k more. Edmunds TMV was also $2K more than I paid. Sticker $35,384 - paid $31,800. Any fedback?

Styling,Power,Utility,Bose Stereo (my wife even called it kick ass!),heated seats/mirrors,adjustable headlights (I'm sure I piss some people off with them),comfort,folddown & reclining rear seats,seat memory,center console is huge,adjustable foot pedals,dual climate control.

front cup holders to wide,wind noise with moonroof or back windows open,horn sounding when locking with remote entry/exit,windshield wipers in heavy downpours!,rear side window design is cool but visibility is affected changing lanes,premium fuel a negative.

MURANO SL
By MES38401@AOL.COM

2003 Nissan Murano SUV SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

DRIVES GREAT, MORE LIKE A CAR. GAS MILEAGE HAS BEEN GOOD AND EVERYONE LOOKS AT YOU TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT IT IS!

OVERALL LOOKS

CUP HOLDERS SHOULD BE DEEPER IN FRONT,

What a joy
By jallen

2003 Nissan Murano SUV SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I was a loyal jeep owner until my last one started to cost to keep it up/ Went looking for a replacement and the Murano got my intrest. I would like to thank this review board because reading your reviews help me decide on owning a Murano. I enjoy driving my new Murano it has the power i was lacking for passing, the steering is like a sports car and the trans is great

The looks, steering, the transmission and the power it has

would like to see headlights go on when you turn the wipers on