2003 Nissan Murano SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:
Prons & Cons
By jpires on 01/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Murano SUV SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Great handling and smooth ride. Fuel efficiency is best in class with 21 MPG in highway at 75 MPH (probably better at lower speeds). CVT transmission is a definitely plus. Great stability in all types of surfaces, very comfortable and quiet ride.

Nissan Joke
By consumerguy on 01/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Murano SUV SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car is overpriced. Corners are skipped everywhere. lift up the rear flap up and what do you find? Carboard! Seats do not lay down flat.

Best SUV/Crossover on the Planet
By jack thompson on 01/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Murano SUV SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My son and I test drove every SUV and"crossover" vehicle made , and we decided on the new Murano by Nissan. Having driven it,we are more jazzed about it now than before. The power is stunning, the styling is head-turning (we were watching pedestrians watch us), and the thoughtfulness of the interior layout is superb. The key to the whole deal is the 3.5 liter power plant with close to 250 horsepower, wedded to a gearless CVT transmission that conserves fuel. That, along with the front-wheel drive and the sport-mode automatic transmission option makes this thing both super quick and sure-footed.

A Great Drive
By chenghua1 on 01/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Murano SUV SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Unlike most SUV's I've driven, the Murano is fun to drive. It has much better acceleration than I anticipated and is very smooth. The exterior has turned quite a few heads in my small city and the interior, though not luxorious, more than meets my needs.

Extremely satisfied
By agarcia1 on 01/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Murano SUV SE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This review is for the SE AWD with Nav. for the first 500 miles. At first I was so mesmerized with the style that I didn't realize the excellence of the fit and finish on this vehicle. My second surprise was finding out how smooth the engine and transmission operate. All features and details are excellent. The only thing that I would modify is softening the suspension a little, because it is a little harsh over pot holes and bumps. I rate this vehicle as a solid "10".

This Vehicle is a Blast
By Mr Bill on 01/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Murano SUV SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This vehicle is incredible. It drives very similarly to a BMW X5. The quality is there. The ride is firm but comfortable and definitely handles very well for a SUV. It drives like a car. I get a thumbs up wherever I drive. The CVT transmission is great. One does get used to it fairly quickly. You never feel any gears changing or jerking like a normal transmission would. I think anyone who gets this vehicle would be very content. I am very impressed with Nissan.

EVEN BETTER THEN BMW325xi
By Xterra2Murano on 01/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Murano SUV SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have been looking to trade in my XTerra for a softer ride.....test drove many cars in the procces, all of which fell in the $30-36k price range, wanted to keep it fair.....the Murano out did all of them, even the Acura MDX, and the BMW 325xi.....its worth paying the 2-3k dealers want over sticker....but shop around, i managed 2 get mine at sticker, fully loaded.

Nissan "Murano"
By kblueswim on 01/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Murano SUV SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Has a very smooth ride, even over hard roads. The controls are all with in easy reach. The leg room in the back seats is very roomy.

Near Perfection
By rbindy on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Murano SUV SE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Nissan has really outdone them selves with this one! Excellent build quality and attention to details. The outside design is just a work of art - really draws attention where ever you go. All the options one could ever want in a luxury SUV. The 3.5L 245hp engine teamed with the CVT transmission has got to be one of the smoothest out there - just seamless power! The 18" wheels, xenon headlights, navigation system, Bose stereo system, adjustable pedals, heated seats, etc, etc, just add to the pleasure of driving this beautiful vehicle. I think the Murano deserves to be in a class by its self!

Love it
By camc on 01/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Murano SUV SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have had it only for about two weeks but its great. I'm looking for any reason to get out and drive it. I also purchased the navigation system which is really pretty slick. Its has hotels,atms,airports and hundred of other preprogramed points of interest. The car ride is really nice. Only complaint I have is that the XM radio option that is advertised is not yet available.