Used 2003 Nissan Murano SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Nissan Murano SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

Mixed bag
By MuranoMrs

2003 Nissan Murano SUV SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Fun to drive, but be sure you test drive it on rough roads with open windows. Interior quality is poor; I have persistent rattles that can't be fixed and had to have the entire center console replaced. My gas mileage is horrendous...about 25% less than advertised. Styling does turn heads. I hope the short warranty doesn't indicate what I think it might after my experience so far.

Performance and exterior styling. Cabin room, esp in the back seat.

Truth on the gas mileage. Upgrade the interior. Quality, quality, quality. Back to Toyota next time....

GLACIER PEARL MURANO
By Nancy Bolin

2003 Nissan Murano SUV SE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My check engine light came on after a short time after I purchased my vehicle. I carried it back to dealership to have it checked and to have my oil changed and tires rotated being it had approximately 5500 miles on it. I was told it was my gas cap not being put on correctly and I was surprised that I was charged $72. to check my engine light on this new vehicle. Since that time my light has continued to come on and I carried it back and they said if there wasn't something mechanically wrong with my vehicle, I would have to pay to have it checked again. Needless to say, I wasn't going to pay to have it checked again. My light is still coming on!

There should not be a charge for checking a "check engine light" on a new vehicle if the warranty says bumper to bumper.

It'll Make You Smile!
By ckone

2003 Nissan Murano SUV SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I've had a big smile on my face since I bought this SUV! You will too! Nissan has an excellent product. One of the best vehicles I've ever driven. Drives and rides very smooth for an SUV..the best of all I test drove. Very fun! Be ready to get lots of compliments and gazes! EPA fuel economy is accurate after a few tanks if you use premium gas and don't be forceful.

Interior and exterior high-tech design, smooth drive, smooth ride, lots of cargo and leg room. Glad to have an option to the typical looking, boxy SUV.

Suggest it come with a camera so gazers can take a picture with them! Standard heated seats with leather package. Nothing else.

Very Impressive
By SDMURANO

2003 Nissan Murano SUV SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We traded our 2002 Altima V-6 for the Murano (black) and haven't regretted it since. This SUV lives up to its billing. Gas mileage is good considering all the other SUV mpg's but not up to specs. It has power as well. The transmission is awesome (so smooth!!!)I am still exploring all the gadgets. (We purchased everything we could for this car: Leather pkg, sunroof, cargo cover and mat, etc...) rear seats recline (cool)then fold flat for cargo space.

Transmission, Looks, stereo and Memory Seats

gas mileage(but will wait to see after a couple of tanks if it improves)

Talk about Gratification!
By Cavlrz24

2003 Nissan Murano SUV SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have never been more excited with a vehicle purchase in my life. All I want to do is drive, drive, drive! Wish I could afford to buy another. This is the greatest vehicle I've ever owned. I love it so much, can't wait to tell someone else when they see it for the first time.

Xenon Headlights. I love the blue tint. I can see everything on the road. The rear reclining seats are excellent as well. Makes you feel just as important being a passenger as well as a driver.

My only suggestion is to make an opening rear window for the liftgate.