Used 2003 Nissan Murano SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Nissan Murano - Consumer Reviews

2003 Nissan Murano SUV

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

Most Helpful|
I LOVE IT
By knotything

2003 Nissan Murano SUV SE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

It handles as well as my BMW did. I tried the X5 and the Pacifica.They were overrated(BMW and underpowered (Pacifica). My Blue Murano has 24 ct. plating on the the outside chrome (front and rear) I saw it in the showroom and it was love at 1st sight. Today(12/06/03), in a bad snow storm, I passed alot of struggling cars(BMW's, Jeeps and other lessor Urban SUV's) in a show of superiority. This car is awesome to drive and turns heads. Nissan should have put the Infinity label on the Murano, because the style is superior. People still ask me what it is. One of my employees was upset because her new Lexus SUV was " not as pretty".

Favorite Features

HANDLING, Performance, responsiveness, awesom stereo,excellent ride, It is a feel good car like the old 57 chevy or Mustang.

Suggested Improvements

Put auto starts in all Muranos..THe car is nearly perfect.

Super Murano
By LoveMyMurano

2003 Nissan Murano SUV SE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I just brought my murano last week (2003). I love evey bit of this baby. It's very trendy in style and powerful. What can you possibly ask for more about a SUV.

Favorite Features

Smooth and powerful performance. Spacious cabin room. gracful and trendy looks.

Suggested Improvements

So far, it's perfect.

Excellent!! Would buy another.
By Jodestr

2003 Nissan Murano SUV SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I love this car. I have owned three SUVs and this car is the best. 2003 and still looks and runs great. I'm ready to buy a new one!

Favorite Features

Ease of lowering back seats. Ride is amazing!

Suggested Improvements

Second phone jack on drivers side, better designed area for XM Radio/GPS. Add a sunglass holder.

A lemon
By Greatly Disappointed

2003 Nissan Murano SUV SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

2003 Murano has had nothing but problems. Have replaced hatchback lock, rear wiper motor/blade, transmission, radiator, headlight, transfer case for a total of $6,000. The transmission was still under warranty. If it hadn't, that would have been another $4,000. Powertrain only warrantied to 60,000 so transfer case cost me $3,700. Nissan and dealership refused any assistance on repair cost despite well-documented history of these known problems for this model year. Dealer told me I should have bought the extended warranty when it was offered to me.

Suggested Improvements

Stand behind your product, Nissan.

6.5 great years with my MO
By Jeff

2003 Nissan Murano SUV SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This SUV was a 1st year model, so yes there were a couple of issues. The alternator recall, the rocking chair fixed under warranty and the flopping sun visor coming just this year. The CVT performed flawlessly and the only other items done were battery, tires, wiper blades & oil changes. All things considered, this was a blast to own & drive for 85k miles over 6.5 trouble free years. The styling was cutting edge in '03, it was very sporty for an SUV and it fit me, 6'3" 290lbs with ease. It could also hold my 3 boys in the back seat and 2 of them are 6+ foot. The cargo room was amazing, I have got many a admiring comment at Lowe's.

Favorite Features

Styling, HID's, heated seats. large sun roof and leather that wore great.

Suggested Improvements

None, I will be buying another one & I have never done that in my last 20 cars!