2014 Nissan Murano CrossCabriolet Consumer Review: NOT the ugliest car of the yea

2014 Nissan Murano CrossCabriolet - Consumer Review

Base Convertible SUV (3.5L V6 AWD CVT Automatic)

NOT the ugliest car of the year
By docentdon on

2014 Nissan Murano CrossCabriolet 2dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

When the 2011 Cabriolet came out, it garnered horrible reviews. I have watched this different machine through 3 years of a boring lease on another foreign SUV all the time waiting until I could try the Murano Cabriolet. I am now proudly driving my beautiful comfortable 2014 Murano Cabriolet and getting comments like: "Wow, what is it!" "Looks like an SUV on steroids." "Did you sell your house to buy that gorgeous thing?" Easy comfort for 4 people with all the bells and whistles. And, most important, for us old codgers, easy in-and-out which ALL the other convertibles I tried were not. This will probably be my last car purchase and I am sure I will love it for years to come.

Height, luxurious interior, some trunk space, real back seat, huge GPS screen

The seat loops for the seat belts could possibly be engineered better. A/C controls are difficult to understand.
By hanke1
on 09/24/13 12:48 PM (PDT)

Great car, but marketed completely wrong. It should be marketed as a car that can be a little sporty, while still allowing you to have a child's car seat in back. Or, where four adults can take a ride. Or, where the average American, who can barely fit in a Mustang, can sit comfortably. And, while it doesn't handle like a sports car, it is actually fairly peppy -- even over mountains and on windy roads. In summary, good car -- bad marketing. Oh, and the reviewer is right; it didn't help when it was labeled by one of the car magazines as the ugliest car in America. Nor is it true. It actually looks a lot like a larger version of the VW Beatle convertible.