I lasted 3 weeks before trading it in!
By sileroy on
2011 Nissan Murano CrossCabriolet 2dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
I lasted 3 weeks, then finaly decided that I was getting rid of this car. I was transfixed by the idea of having a true four passenger convertible and I ignored all of the cars faults on the sunny day that I purchased the car. I traded the car in after 3 weeks on a luxury SUV. To say that the car handles poorly is a gross understatement. The car needs to take even relatively tame corners at mild speeds and still the front wind shield would reverberate. The car is roomy for passengers one inside, but rear access is difficult. The front seat releases each have significant issues. The driver's side is power and too slow. The passenger side is manual, but is very unreliable.
Favorite Features
The exterior of the car generates either a love it or hate it response. It does create a great deal of attention and those that like the exterior are very enthusiastic about the styling. The upgraded leather seats, which I had, are made of high quality leather and the audio system was excellent.
Suggested Improvements
The cars should be taken off the market until handling can be improved. It just does not feel safe in corners. The rear seat access must be improved. The front seat releases each have an issue. The driver's side is too slow to use. After using it the driver must reset the drivers seat. The passenger side is unreliable. The other problem with the rear access is the size of the doors. In many parking lots the spaces are not large enough to open these huge doors wide enough to allow passengers to access the rear seats.
By wyomingkid
on 01/16/12 10:59 AM (PST)

I have to totally agree with this review! I lasted a month and a half and traded it in, and took a bath on it. It was worth it though to get out of it! I agree with the favorite features section as it is definately an eyecatcher. The inside is styled very nice. The doors are absolutely horrendous! Very heavy and you better hope the wind isn't blowing when you try to open or close them.....in Wyoming that is 99% of the time! I seriously had a guy close my door for me one time when I couldn't get it shut because the wind was blowing. The handling is so unresponsive and even with the AWD it gets really jumpy in snow, etc. The seat realeases are horribly slow and take forever to move the seat. The trunk is pretty useless. There is SOME room but not a lot. The biggest thing to me though was the back window visibility. There is only a small box of space that is usuable visibility. You could hide a bus in the blind spots of this thing and even the countour of the front windeshield is questionable on visibility. Bottom line is that it is a very cool and neat looking car, but it has some huge issues! I just never really felt safe or comfortable in it.