2011 Nissan Murano CrossCabriolet SUV - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 AWD CVT Automatic - (7 reviews )
Disappointed, frustrated and at the end of my rope
By cdnbuyer1 on 06/11/14 17:06 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Murano CrossCabriolet SUV 2dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought in 2012. Since then nothing but issues from the first week. At the outset there were several times it would not start. Window motors and regulators have been replaced; ignition starter; computer; electrical harness; passenger seat more than once; convertible top - nothing but problems - it is in again right now needing another new tray - best part is how long it will take to get the parts - months. I am a Canadian who bought a US vehicle at Cdn dealer and that means my only recourse is to sue. I would love to hear from anyone else with any issues with this type of vehicle.

Fun car for the young
By pesci on 06/17/13 06:18 AM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Murano CrossCabriolet SUV 2dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car isn't for older drivers. The backseat is very difficult to get into for passengers and the doors are heavy and of course, it sits high. You will also get some top and cowl rattle If you can get passed the above, then this is the car for you. Its fun It looks nice It rides very nice. Life is good with the top down in this car. I have had mine for several thousand miles and love it! It rides great and the leather feels even better. It hasn't leaked a drop even in heavy rain. It's a lot of fun and the luxurious interior is a step up for me having come from Honda. The GPS isn't all that great but nice to have with the large touch screen

I think critics are crazy
By strotherdc01 on 11/01/12 18:17 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Murano CrossCabriolet SUV 2dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I was intrigued to find a family man's convertible but I was discouraged by the critics reviews. I decided to go look at it and drive it for myself. I loved it! It was responsive, roomy (for a convertible) and completely loaded. So I bought it! My MPG's have been about 22. I love the tan leather and the seats are extremely comfortable.

So Glad I Purchased It!
By rob_d on 08/14/12 16:23 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Murano CrossCabriolet SUV 2dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

As some reviewers have commented across other websites, you either love this car or hate it. After driving it for some 6 months and 12,000 miles, and having made multiple 400 mile trips through both snow and through 100F heat, I absolutely love this car! There are not many AWD convertibles out there, and while it was never meant to be a sports car, this crossover has been everything I could have wanted in an AWD convertible for taking long trips over mountains. The build quality is excellent and I have not experienced any of the difficulties (handling, door weight, etc.) noted in other reviews I read before purchasing. And get used to compliments from truckers and teenagers. It's non stop!

Traded in!
By wyomingkid on 01/16/12 11:11 AM (PST)

2011 Nissan Murano CrossCabriolet SUV 2dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have to totally agree with the previous review! I lasted a month and a half and traded it in, and took a bath on it. It was worth it though to get out of it! I traded it in on a 2012 Nissan Murano hardtop and love it.

I'm Not Disappointed But ....
By jpw56 on 09/26/11 13:26 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Murano CrossCabriolet SUV 2dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I traded in an SUV and a hard top convertible in the hopes I would be able to have just one car that had the attributes of both. This does, for the most part. As others say, it's either love it or hate it. It clearly is a looker and folks either think its cool or ugly. It's definitely not a performance vehicle, but it doesn't claim to be. It's a very heavy vehicle and back seat access can be a pain, but the good seems to outweigh the bad, so far. It has memory seating so if you set your preferences, it will revert back with a touch of a button. The nav and leather upgraded interior is lovely and comfortable and to me, the only downside is that it requires premium petrol.

I lasted 3 weeks before trading it in!
By sileroy on 09/15/11 20:56 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Murano CrossCabriolet SUV 2dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I lasted 3 weeks, then finaly decided that I was getting rid of this car. I was transfixed by the idea of having a true four passenger convertible and I ignored all of the cars faults on the sunny day that I purchased the car. I traded the car in after 3 weeks on a luxury SUV. To say that the car handles poorly is a gross understatement. The car needs to take even relatively tame corners at mild speeds and still the front wind shield would reverberate. The car is roomy for passengers one inside, but rear access is difficult. The front seat releases each have significant issues. The driver's side is power and too slow. The passenger side is manual, but is very unreliable.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.