2011 Nissan Murano CrossCabriolet Consumer Reviews

2011 Nissan Murano-crosscabriolet - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 AWD CVT Automatic - (8 reviews )

2011 Murano CrossCabriolet Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Love it! Now own 2!
By kix66radio

2011 Nissan Murano CrossCabriolet 2dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We bought our 2011 in July of 2012 and absolutely love it! We live in Anchorage Alaska where we normally have beautiful summers that are perfect for top down weather and cold winters. The convertible top on this car keeps out the cold weather in the winter plus the AWD is just what the doctor ordered for up here. A few times we would have the drivers window freeze and stick to the top if they had gotten wet. Other wise everthing else worked with no problems. We now own 2 of them, the 2011 is now mine and my wife has a new 2014 model!

Favorite Features

Comfort, Fun Factor, handling and performance are very good considering the additional weight. Excellent Navigation and sound system top up or down!! Love the bluetooth audio streaming. Quiet in Top up driving on the highway, very impressed with that. Love the heated steering wheel, power tilt/telescoping steering wheel and the Bi-Xenon low beam headlights all of which were eliminated in the 2014 model to bring the cost down.

Suggested Improvements

Would have liked more power from the engine. Maybe bumped to at least 300 or so since it is heavier vehicle that the regular Murano.

Disappointed, frustrated and at the end of my rope
By cdnbuyer1

2011 Nissan Murano CrossCabriolet 2dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought in 2012. Since then nothing but issues from the first week. At the outset there were several times it would not start. Window motors and regulators have been replaced; ignition starter; computer; electrical harness; passenger seat more than once; convertible top - nothing but problems - it is in again right now needing another new tray - best part is how long it will take to get the parts - months. I am a Canadian who bought a US vehicle at Cdn dealer and that means my only recourse is to sue. I would love to hear from anyone else with any issues with this type of vehicle.

Fun car for the young
By pesci

2011 Nissan Murano CrossCabriolet 2dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car isn't for older drivers. The backseat is very difficult to get into for passengers and the doors are heavy and of course, it sits high. You will also get some top and cowl rattle If you can get passed the above, then this is the car for you. Its fun It looks nice It rides very nice. Life is good with the top down in this car. I have had mine for several thousand miles and love it! It rides great and the leather feels even better. It hasn't leaked a drop even in heavy rain. It's a lot of fun and the luxurious interior is a step up for me having come from Honda. The GPS isn't all that great but nice to have with the large touch screen

Favorite Features

Convertible top Push button ignition Leather Touch screen navigation

Suggested Improvements

Offer it in blue!!! Nissan seems to hate blue convertibles lol Improve the back seat access and memory seat features for drivers side Add blind spot mirrors or warnings

I think critics are crazy
By strotherdc01

2011 Nissan Murano CrossCabriolet 2dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I was intrigued to find a family man's convertible but I was discouraged by the critics reviews. I decided to go look at it and drive it for myself. I loved it! It was responsive, roomy (for a convertible) and completely loaded. So I bought it! My MPG's have been about 22. I love the tan leather and the seats are extremely comfortable.

Favorite Features

push button ignition, radio signal key allow you to lock & unlock the door without having to search for your keys.

Suggested Improvements

The rear window is really small and limits visability,

So Glad I Purchased It!
By rob_d

2011 Nissan Murano CrossCabriolet 2dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

As some reviewers have commented across other websites, you either love this car or hate it. After driving it for some 6 months and 12,000 miles, and having made multiple 400 mile trips through both snow and through 100F heat, I absolutely love this car! There are not many AWD convertibles out there, and while it was never meant to be a sports car, this crossover has been everything I could have wanted in an AWD convertible for taking long trips over mountains. The build quality is excellent and I have not experienced any of the difficulties (handling, door weight, etc.) noted in other reviews I read before purchasing. And get used to compliments from truckers and teenagers. It's non stop!

Favorite Features

Exterior styling, interior quality, sound system, ease to personalize cockpit set up (seat, mirrors, etc), space in back seat for two large individuals, and surprising highway mileage for a midsize SUV, i.e. 26 mpg.

Suggested Improvements

Adding 2" circular concave mirrors to exterior rear view mirrors to overcome "blind" spots not seen through small rear window (and save the owners' from having to install them)!

Traded in!
By wyomingkid

2011 Nissan Murano CrossCabriolet 2dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have to totally agree with the previous review! I lasted a month and a half and traded it in, and took a bath on it. It was worth it though to get out of it! I traded it in on a 2012 Nissan Murano hardtop and love it.

Favorite Features

The car is definately an eyecatcher. The inside is done really nice, and with quality. The GPS system is nice but something you could live without. Really nice sound system.

Suggested Improvements

The back window has issues with its size and usuable visibility. You could hide a bus in the blind spots of this thing! The front windshield is even questionable on visibility with its contour. Seat releases to access the back are very slow and hard to re-set the passenger seat. The doors are absolutely horrendous! Very heavy and you better hope the wind isn't blowing when you try to open or close them.....in Wyoming that is 99% of the time! I seriously had a guy close my door for me one time when I couldn't get it shut because the wind was blowing. The handling is so unresponsive and even with the AWD it gets really jumpy in snow, etc. The car feels very top heavy on corners.

I'm Not Disappointed But ....
By jpw56

2011 Nissan Murano CrossCabriolet 2dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I traded in an SUV and a hard top convertible in the hopes I would be able to have just one car that had the attributes of both. This does, for the most part. As others say, it's either love it or hate it. It clearly is a looker and folks either think its cool or ugly. It's definitely not a performance vehicle, but it doesn't claim to be. It's a very heavy vehicle and back seat access can be a pain, but the good seems to outweigh the bad, so far. It has memory seating so if you set your preferences, it will revert back with a touch of a button. The nav and leather upgraded interior is lovely and comfortable and to me, the only downside is that it requires premium petrol.

Favorite Features

Styling, comfortable rear seating, easy access for the nav system and all of the options. I have the black with camel leather interior and it looks sharp. For me, the ride is smooth and the one thing that is paramount for me is that this is the first convertible i've owned that did not have any leakage when raining. Commenting on the other review(s) about performance. This is a very heavy vehicle and if you're looking for performance, you'd not be looking at this in the first place. Even the trunk has plenty of room.

Suggested Improvements

Rear seating access, more economic gas options, make some options that are available for the driver, available for the passengers as well, and I find the air controls a bit awkward. Other than that, I've had no windshield shake, or cowl issues at all. It's more or less a pretty smooth ride that I am enjoying, so far. I think for a first time out, they got it okay.

I lasted 3 weeks before trading it in!
By sileroy

2011 Nissan Murano CrossCabriolet 2dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I lasted 3 weeks, then finaly decided that I was getting rid of this car. I was transfixed by the idea of having a true four passenger convertible and I ignored all of the cars faults on the sunny day that I purchased the car. I traded the car in after 3 weeks on a luxury SUV. To say that the car handles poorly is a gross understatement. The car needs to take even relatively tame corners at mild speeds and still the front wind shield would reverberate. The car is roomy for passengers one inside, but rear access is difficult. The front seat releases each have significant issues. The driver's side is power and too slow. The passenger side is manual, but is very unreliable.

Favorite Features

The exterior of the car generates either a love it or hate it response. It does create a great deal of attention and those that like the exterior are very enthusiastic about the styling. The upgraded leather seats, which I had, are made of high quality leather and the audio system was excellent.

Suggested Improvements

The cars should be taken off the market until handling can be improved. It just does not feel safe in corners. The rear seat access must be improved. The front seat releases each have an issue. The driver's side is too slow to use. After using it the driver must reset the drivers seat. The passenger side is unreliable. The other problem with the rear access is the size of the doors. In many parking lots the spaces are not large enough to open these huge doors wide enough to allow passengers to access the rear seats.