2016 Nissan Maxima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 70 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

2016 Nissan Maxima SR
By Eric M.

2016 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Leased this vehicle almost a year ago. Great service from the sales team. Got a great deal. The car itself is fantastic for a car under 40k. I have the SR model in black with the camel tone Interior and it looks great. Good acceleration, comfortable ride, and great driving experience. The heated steering wheel is useless to me because I live Florida. I air conditioned steering wheel would be a great feature. Handling could be better, but overall it's a fantastic car that has decent speed and would also make a good family car. I enjoy it thoroughly.

Love my new Maxima!
By Karen Toellen

2016 Nissan Maxima Sedan Platinum 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Maxima
By ABHILASH

Maximize with Maxima
By Gene

2016 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased a 2016 Maxima one month ago and have driven it 3000 miles. I previously owned 2000, 2006, and 2011 Maximas, so obviously I am partial to them, primarily because they have excellent styling, good value, and you don't see yourself every third car coming down the road. My previous experiences have been mostly positive, so that has kept me coming back. First what I like about this car: It has great styling, very cool wheels, a classy interior, and loads of power. I don't know how they did it, but this car has ten more hp than my '11 Max, but gets nearly five miles per gallon better gas mileage. The car drives nicely, corners great, sounds throaty, and has less wind noise than my '11. I love some of the color combinations, and the whole effect is very classy. In fact, I prefer the styling to several of the much more expensive luxury brands. Now what could be better: the seats are ok for comfort, but the ones in my '11 were much preferable. The trunk is way too small for a car of this price. While wind noise is reduced, I find that Nissan could work on a quieter cabin from road noise. The placement of the accelerator requires you to turn your foot to the side, and the room for your feet is smaller than I like. Interior storage is minimal and could be better. But, I give the car at least a four out of five overall.

If you love to drive
By Terry Tedford

2016 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is a drivers car. Great pickup and engine growl in sport mode. It's a heavy car so handling is good but not great. During a 4 hour drive the seats stayed wonderfully comfortable. Firm and supportive. While at a stop light, several people have told me how great the car looks. So far very satisfied.