2014 Nissan Maxima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

2014 Nissan Maxima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Great Car
By clh6

2014 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have had my Maxima for a couple months and love it. I have had it on short trips and 3 plus hour drives. The comfort is a welcome relief..even after 3 hrs I am not miserable and back does not hurt. I average 26mpg hwy and city driving, If I had to complain about anything it would be that there is not an audio warning on the back up camera. This car drives like a more expensive make. Friends cannot believe that it was under 35K.

Favorite Features

Style of exterior ; seat comfort; blue tooth phone connection and how it handles in turns and when passing.

Suggested Improvements

Put an audio alarm on the back up camera.

Good car but has its defects and damage upon delivery
By drcofwc

2014 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have about a 1k on the car and it handles, accelerates, brakes and looks great. Its 2014 sport and the suspension is stiff. The interior is clean but dated and when it was delivered it took me a day to find that the control panel for the navigation damaged with multiple scratches. The car was basically not detailed on delivery and I later noticed it was damaged (see suggested improvement section). Check your Maxima over with a fine tooth comb before you sign the paperwork. They wont help you if you find something wrong later or they will make it difficult for you to the point where its not worth going back. Also the paint has dirt in it in some spots, clear coat is already separating

Favorite Features

Cooled seat, sport suspension and the low end grunt when you need to pass or get on the highway.

Suggested Improvements

Have the dealer look over the car before deliver and not have the customer do it. Make sure the car is detailed before delivery. I took the car back a few days later because I noticed interior damage, both sales and service told me there was nothing they could do about the interior damage. The service guy told me I should use a sharpie to color in the scratches that went deep thru the paint to the black plastic. I called Nissan customer affairs and they pointed me back to the dealer after a few calls. Help the customer get the right service at another dealer rather than pointing them back to where they originally had bad service.

Great car
By gapari

2014 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Simply put, the car does a lot of things well. The interior is as well designed and rich as any car out there in it's price range. The exterior, although showing it's age, still has a stylish and sporty masculine look about it. The care handles well, the suspension is firm but not too stiff, and the car accelerates well with plenty of power. I had leased a '12, just turned it in early, and now lease a '14. As I stated, it just does so many things well.

Favorite Features

Blue tooth phone connectivity, rear back up camera, xenon headlamps, Bose stereo.

Suggested Improvements

The car could be a little quieter during highway driving. Maybe it's the tires.