Used 2013 Nissan Maxima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2013 Nissan Maxima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Own a car you love
By Jared Michael

2013 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I had a 6 speed manual Maxima for 6 years before this one and loved it. I absolutely love the design and drive of 7th generation Maximas. I was just waiting for a great deal on one before buying, but I have wanted one for a long time. The perfect balance between a fun, sporty, sexy car, that is still reliable, good for families, and decently economical. Although the new Maximas don't come in manual, they are still very fun to drive. Quit buying cliche sedans and get a Maxima.

Best Value Sports Sedan
By jermax1

2013 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is my fourth Maxima. I had an 03, 08 & 10.
I now own the 2013.
For the price to content and performance ratio this is the best sedan out on the market! Take it from someone who knows and has searched for better.
The VQ series engine is one of the best don't take my word for believe wards engine review. The mileage is terrific for the level of performance and luxury that you get.
The exterior styling reminds people of a Porsche or a jag! The interior is as close to a sports car as you can get.
Considering it's a Nissan and a Japanese model you know you're getting top quality and high reliability. I highly recommend this vehicle to anyone considering a sports performance sedan.

The V-6 engine, the interior, the exterior styling, and the overall performance and mileage! The panoramic sliding moonroof is outstanding!

None

Love my maxima !!!
By tuscansun13

2013 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We'll I can say I'm a loyal maxima owner. I owned all together 8 maxima's all brand new and loaded to the max. It's the perfect car from sporty to luxury. In fact some people call me the maxima lady. I would gladly continue to purchase them. I own a 2013 sv maxima premium package ect.... Any where from heated seats , steering wheel, ground effects, back up camera, dual roof panels , Bose system ,Leather bucket seats
So, if your in need of a new car test driver a maxima.

Love dual panel roof 'it's a must have' my grand kids love it!! The back up camera shows a wide range besides just behind the car. 9 speakers Bose great sound. Oh my ground effect lighting .

Just keep manufacturing a wonderful car!!!!

Good car, could be better
By cdub4

Purchased in April.
Now have 10,000 miles on it.
Overall very happy, something I wouldn't have said two weeks after purchasing, but time and service departments can heal all wounds.
Within a week of purchase the steering wheel controls all died.
It was thought that it was a fuse but needed a new cable system. Since replacement it has worked fine. Two weeks after taking possession when shutting the car off it went into On mode and drained the battery.
Another 25 mile trip to the dealer only to be lectured on how to turn the car on/off properly. This is our 3rd Nissan, we know how to turn it off. It has shot into the On mode since but we are careful to watch for it.

Chose Maxima over the Acura TL and Cadillac CTS because of comfort. Not disappointed. The Bose sound system is the best sound system I have ever had in a car. It is beautiful! All the radio, ac, heating and bluetooth controls are within easy reach. The memory seats are great for a car with two drivers. The gas mileage is about what the sticker said it would be and using regular gas is a big plus. It is quiet! Road noise is minimal, a big improvement over our 06 Murano.

The trunk is a good size but impossible to get anything good sized into it because of the small opening between the raised lid and body. Voice navigation system often doesn't detect our Midwest/NE Ohio dialect making it difficult to use. The Bluetooth doesn't always connect to one of the phones that is connected to it. Can't get the garage door opener to recognize our Sears opener. Side mirrors hold water so there are always water streaks down the doors after washing, looks bad on a black car. The trunk lid sounds tinny when closed. The shelf between the windshield and dash also seems cheaply made for a car with a $42,000 sticker. Fold down back seat would be an improvement.

early, but so far so great.
By minarets2

its early.
i have only had the car for a week but have 758 miles after that week.
bought it with 9 miles on it.
i drive a LOT for work and the ride on my sport model with 19" wheels/tires are definitely rougher than the 18" models, but not too rough.
i drove both, preferred the looks of the sport.
the BOSE is good, the ride is good,but cant say enough about the Bluetooth.
no one knows, even at 80mph that i am using BT, its that good.
i am coming out of a RAM and was worried about the transition from a lot of space to a car, and so far not too bad.
the 290 HP is really there.
my previous 2 vehicles were a G8 GT and a RAM with HEMI so i thought this would lack punch, and it does not.

Bluetooth (works amazing) ipod connectivity thru usb, thigh extensions on driver seat, cooled driver seat, back-up camera, sport black wheels, key-less entry, lighted door sills.

none yet, will update with some added miles and time.