Thought I was getting good deal. Nope.
By ja1211 on
2012 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
I now have 15,000 miles on mine. Car would not start over 12 times now. Dash freezes and car does not respond to anything. Dealer told me to keep wrench in car and disconnect battery when it happens. Said they spoke to nissan and nissan is working on a fix. Called Nissan customer service and they have no record of dealer calling. Volume knob does not work some times, nav resets randomly, radio does not work randomly, passenger seat is completely loose, very loud on highway speeds with windows up and Nissan does not stand behind their products. Called them to say swap me out, get me into something else. Both dealer and Corp will not talk to me until 12 months into lease.
Favorite Features
Cooled seat
Suggested Improvements
Build quality and customer service.
By htheodore
on 09/14/12 05:36 AM (PDT)

dude dont blame the car...lol...blame the dealer who sold you a faulty car owned probably by a female or some high school kid who doesnt know how to take care of a car....MOST FEMALES BUT NOT ALL.

By carzzzzz
on 07/20/12 22:56 PM (PDT)

I have a Maxima too and agree that when you start having problems, Nissan does not stand behind their products. Nissan Consumer Affairs has the absolute WORST customer service I have ever dealt with in my entire life. I thought having a Japanese car meant the company would be honorable and upstanding, the way the Japanese culture is known, but they treat you like dirt and they don't care of they lose a customer. I've found tthis out the hard way so since they won't back their product or treat a loyal customer with respect, I won't EVER buy a Nissan again. Take my advice to save yourself a lot of money and aggravation by spending your hard earned money on another car manufacturer besides Nissan.