2012 Nissan Maxima Consumer Review: One of the best cars for the p

2012 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Review

3.5 SV Sedan (3.5L V6 CVT Automatic)

One of the best cars for the price
By bettercheddar on

2012 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Didnít plan on buying a Maxima. I looked at it because a friend who owned one said I should. Couldnít get it out of my head after I took a long test drive. It was a fun car to drive Ė really fun! The engine sounded great as soon as it turned over. Moving through traffic was effortless. All I had to do was press on the accelerator and the car went as fast as I needed it to go. Thereís more than enough power to move this car and itís got the handling so that youíre always in control. Itís also very comfortable. The interior is put together so that the controls are where you expect them to be. Theyíre handsome and easy to operate too. Seat is firm and comfortable. Go see one for yourself.

Itís not a flashy car. It is extremely well-designed though. I often catch myself staring at it in the parking lot when I come out after work I enjoy the way itís put together so much. Youíll find other cars that look similar but theyíre missing the extra details that make the Maxima standout: flairs over the wheel wells, strategically placed chrome to add highlights, integration of the light assembly.

I've had trouble with the drivers seat since I got the car. When you put your head against the headrest you feel pressure from something within the seat in the middle of your back. The dealer replaced the seat but it still happens. I've gotten into other new models and it happens in all of them. It only happens when you press against the rest so it's not a big deal. I just wish it didn't happen at all. If it didn't, I would say the car is just about perfect.
By bettercheddar
on 09/04/12 16:15 PM (PDT)

My car does the same. Haven't been able to get the dealer to fix it -- says he can't -- and corporate has said I've got to take it back to the dealer who has already told me several times they've tried to fix it but can't. Really disappointed that Nissan Maxima has problems that no one can fix.